ENTRUST Solutions Group, an ENR Top 100 company, is a community of people, 2,500+ strong, who are committed to our clients and each other. We are diverse, talented, dedicated, and wholly focused on not only meeting the needs of our clients but exceeding their expectations.
We provide comprehensive and dependable engineering, consulting, and automation services to gas and electric utilities, telecommunication service providers, pipeline operators, and industrial companies. With first-hand experience operating and maintaining energy infrastructure, our engineering professionals provide expertise in Renewables, Power Services, GIS and Data Solutions, Automation Integration, Pipeline Engineering, Integrity Services, Industrial Solutions, Telecommunications, and Process Safety Management.
At ENTRUST, we work together as a team to accomplish more than we would individually, delivering innovative engineering solutions to meet our clients’ needs, while consistently maintaining the highest level of ethics and integrity.
We are passionate about what we do, how we do it, and who we do it for. We work with a smile, connect easily with others, and believe that work-life balance and a flexible work environment benefits everyone.
In return for top talent, ENTRUST Solutions Group offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and a positive work environment designed around the philosophy of mutual respect and the challenge of contributing to the continued success of our organization.
ENTRUST SOLUTIONS GROUP BY THE NUMBERS:
35+ US locations with licenses in all 50 states
3000+ Employees company-wide
31+ Languages in which our employees are fluent
105+ Professional Engineers (PE)
This position is responsible for independently performing detailed electrical engineering design on a variety of engineering tasks; performing engineering tasks on multiple small to medium sized projects with a moderate to difficult level of technical difficulty; performing most assignments independently with instructions as to the general results expected; receiving technical guidance on unusual or complex problems and supervisory approval on proposed plans for projects; supervising other engineers or drafters/designers on assigned work.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Applying sound engineering knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of project assignments with little to no supervision or assistance from other engineers and managers
- Developing contacts with key engineers and officials in other organizations to confirm that engineering practices applied are consistent with current engineering standards, regulatory requirements, and current technological innovations
- Providing input to Project Managers, Directors, Sr. Directors, Vice Presidents and the Business Unit Leader concerning potential process and design improvements related to engineering design and technology
- Following systems of quality control and checking on all projects assigned
- Assisting in preparing proposals for the business unit by estimating engineering hours as an engineering discipline lead
- Developing and maintaining quality relationships with clients
- Maintaining a collaborative spirit in working within the Business Unit and with other Business Units providing the most optimum project team for projects often using personnel from multiple Business Units
- Performing miscellaneous job-related duties as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from an accredited university (Engineer) or appropriate technical degree or related experience (Specialist)
- Registration as a professional engineer is preferred
- Minimum of 4+ years of work experience with at least 3 years of work experience in the Electric industry or a related industry. At least 3 years of the work experience must be at an Electric operating company or at an engineering consulting firm
- Substation design and engineering experience is preferred. This includes plans, sections and details, auxiliary systems, grounding, one lines, three lines, relay wiring, schematics, equipment specifications, calculations and bills of material.
- Experience with routing raceways, sizing cables, cable schedules
- Collaborative approach to problem solving
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to build relationships with clients and staff members
- Developing industry contacts and knowledge of the industry
- Unquestioned business and personal integrity
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
Working Conditions and Environmental/Physical Demands:
Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, and to attend meetings at various sites within and away from the Firm; must also be able to work at a desk for long periods of time (2-3 hours); strength to lift and carry materials weighing up to 25 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. Ability to travel if required, including overnight travel and the ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment in designated areas.
ENTRUST Solutions Group is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. ENTRUST Solutions Group does not accept unsolicited headhunter or agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with ENTRUST Solutions Group.