ENTRUST Solutions Group, an ENR Top 100 company, is a community of people, 3,000+ strong, who are committed to our clients and each other. We are diverse, talented, dedicated, and wholly focused on not only meeting the needs of our clients but exceeding their expectations.
We provide comprehensive and dependable engineering, consulting, and automation services to gas and electric utilities, telecommunication service providers, pipeline operators, and industrial companies. With first-hand experience operating and maintaining energy infrastructure, our engineering professionals provide expertise in Renewables, Power Services, GIS and Data Solutions, Automation Integration, Pipeline Engineering, Integrity Services, Industrial Solutions, Telecommunications, and Process Safety Management.
At ENTRUST, we work together as a team to accomplish more than we would individually, delivering innovative engineering solutions to meet our clients’ needs, while consistently maintaining the highest level of ethics and integrity.
We are passionate about what we do, how we do it, and who we do it for. We work with a smile, connect easily with others, and believe that work-life balance and a flexible work environment benefits everyone.
In return for top talent, ENTRUST Solutions Group offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and a positive work environment designed around the philosophy of mutual respect and the challenge of contributing to the continued success of our organization.
ENTRUST SOLUTIONS GROUP BY THE NUMBERS:
35+ US locations with licenses in all 50 states
3000+ Employees company-wide
31+ Languages in which our employees are fluent
105+ Professional Engineers (PE)
A Metallurgical Consultant/Engineer I is responsible for materials and metallurgical engineering with limited supervision on all material related aspects of our client’s physical assets including pipelines and onshore or offshore structures. They perform as a member of a team on multiple small to large sized engineering projects with an intermediate to advanced level of technical difficulty. The engineer is involved in the entire asset life cycle including design and purchase specification development, manufacturing quality and testing, fabrication, welding, fitness-for-service, and failure analyses. This position requires self-guided learning about specialty engineering and regulation topics (including potential renewables topics [hydrogen]).
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
· Apply sound engineering, economic, regulatory, and practical principles and practices to functions that ensure an asset, process, or system continues to meet appropriate and intended safety, legal, and business requirements.
· Perform critical reviews of engineering designs and bills of materials.
· Audit manufacturing facilities on site in support of client purchasing programs.
· Develop welding procedures and procedure qualification testing and documentation.
· Monitor and oversee the execution of inspection programs and activities.
· Perform damage assessment and failure investigations.
· Perform a variety of basic engineering calculations to assist in the determination of MOP/MAOP, hydrostatic test pressures, SMYS, including stress analysis using standard and finite element approaches.
· Stay current with the pipeline regulations, industry standards, integrity assessments methods, repair methods, etc.
· Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in materials science and engineering or metallurgical engineering from an accredited university. Other engineering degrees will be considered based upon candidate experience.
· 5-7 years of work experience in metallurgical engineering; experience in the energy industry is preferred.
· Travel up to 25%.
· Unquestioned business and personal integrity.
Knowledge, Skills & Responsibilities
· Knowledge in technical principles, theories, and concepts of engineering systems related to material, design, analysis, testing, qualification, and engineering application of computers.
· Computer skills including use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
· Strong communication and report writing skills.
· Experience presenting at technical conferences is a plus
· Skill to use hand-eye coordination and visual acuity.
· Skill to use effective verbal and listening communications.
· Excellent communication and organizational skills.
· Ability to work in a team environment to ensure deliverables meet client, industry and government specifications and standards.
· Proven ability to manage and successfully execute tasks with multiple conflicting priorities.
· Ability to multi-task and maintain accuracy and thoroughness.
· Ability to interdependently work with others to produce products / services.
· Ability to prioritize tasks, plan daily activities, evaluate new situations and respond accordingly.
· Ability to interact in a professional and courteous manner with clients, managers, and co-workers.
· Enthusiasm to be a part of the team and ability to grasp new concepts.
Must be able to sit at a desk for long periods of time (2-3 hours) with the ability to move at will; have vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; have hearing and speech skills to communicate in person, over the telephone or Teams/Skype/Zoom; have use of hands to finger, handle, type, or feel and manipulate mouse, keyboard, and computer equipment. Possess the strength to lift and carry materials or equipment weighing up to 25 pounds.
Hybrid working conditions exist in either a home office environment and/or work office or job site. Must possess ability to follow general safety guidelines and wear appropriate PPE. Must be able to attend meetings at various sites within and away from the Firm. Must be able to travel overnight to other company office locations and/or client sites.