What You’ll Do:
- Lead complex substation projects, collaborating with internal multidiscipline teams, from full scope estimating and proposals, through detailed design and equipment procurement, to project construction bidding, to commissioning and construction support for energization.
- Review and produce physical design drawings, including General Arrangement, Elevations and equipment connection Details, Grounding Plan and Details, Conduit Plan and Details, Control Building Layout and Details, Foundation Plan and Details, and developing material lists.
- Perform studies and calculations to properly design substations, including grounding calculations, lightning protection calculations, battery bank sizing calculations, conduit fill calculations, and substation sizing calculations, as well as perform AC & DC substation studies.
- Review and produce design drawings, including one-line diagrams, AC/DC schematics, wiring diagrams, and control panel elevations.
- Work in conjunction with other internal teams specializing in civil/structural, protection and controls, and automation.
- In conjunction with the Project Manager, ensure the projects meet all required project measurements & indicators for performance which have been set by either the client or internally.
- Maintain and monitor a system of quality control and check on all projects assigned.
- In conjunction with the Project Manager, accurately forecast fee revenue on an ongoing monthly basis and completing assignments within budget and schedule with high degree of accuracy.
- Work independently and may direct, and/or supervise efforts of less- experienced EITs and/or Designers.
- Monitor the training needs of individual staff members who are direct reports and identifying and scheduling training programs with the BUL; may also mentor, train, and/or supervise efforts of less-experienced EITs and/or Designers.
- Provide key support to the BUL in all business development activities.
- Assist in preparing proposals for the business unit by estimating engineering hours as an engineering discipline lead.
- Conduct periodic site visits and walkthroughs, estimating, and attending scoping meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an ABET accredited program or equivalent.
- 6 - 10 years of substation engineering experience, preferably at an engineering consulting firm.
- Unquestioned business and personal integrity.
- Registration as a professional engineer, by examination.
Not quite right for you? For a full listing of all our openings, please visit us at: https://entrustsol.com/careers/
Who We Are:
ENTRUST Solutions Group, an ENR Top 100 company, is a community of people, 3,000+ strong, who are committed to our clients and each other. We provide comprehensive and dependable engineering, consulting, and automation services to gas and electric utilities, telecommunication service providers, pipeline operators, and industrial companies.
In return for top talent, ENTRUST Solutions Group offers:
- Generous paid time off and benefits
- 401(k) retirement program with a company match
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible work schedule
To learn more about ENTRUST Benefits and Culture, please visit our company LinkedIn page and follow us at:
ENTRUST Solutions Group is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. ENTRUST Solutions Group does not accept unsolicited headhunter or agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with ENTRUST Solutions Group.