What We Do:
ENTRUST Solutions Group, an ENR Top 100 company, is a community of people, 3,000+ strong, who are committed to our clients and each other. We are diverse, talented, dedicated, and wholly focused on not only meeting the needs of our clients but exceeding their expectations.
We provide comprehensive and dependable engineering, consulting, and automation services to gas and electric utilities, telecommunication service providers, pipeline operators, and industrial companies.
Check out our company LinkedIn page and follow us at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/entrustsolutionsgroup
Who We Are:
At ENTRUST, we work together as a team to accomplish more than we would individually, delivering innovative engineering solutions to meet our clients’ needs, while consistently maintaining the highest level of ethics and integrity. With 35+ locations and 31+ languages in which our employees are fluent.
In return for top talent, ENTRUST Solutions Group offers:
- Competitive Compensation
- Generous Paid Time Off and Benefits
- Unlimited growth opportunities and career development programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Remote opportunities available
- Positive work environment designed around the philosophy of mutual respect
This position is responsible for performing detailed physical engineering design on Substation projects, on a variety of engineering tasks that require a high level of technical expertise. This position is also responsible for performing engineering tasks on multiple projects concurrently that may contain a high degree of technical difficulty, making decisions and recommendations that are considered authoritative and have important impact on engineering discipline design decisions leading design responsibility as an engineering discipline lead and acting as a project manager on small projects.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead complex substation projects, collaborating with internal multidiscipline teams, from full scope estimating and proposals, through detailed design and equipment procurement, to project construction bidding, to commissioning and construction support for energization
- Review and produce physical design drawings, including General Arrangement, Elevations and equipment connection Details, Grounding Plan and Details, Conduit Plan and Details, Control Building Layout and Details, Foundation Plan and Details, and developing material lists
- Perform studies and calculations to properly design substations, including grounding calculations, lightning protection calculations, battery bank sizing calculations, conduit fill calculations, and substation sizing calculations, as well as perform AC & DC substation studies
- Proficient with substation protection and control design and industry standards
- Review and produce design drawings, including one-line diagrams, AC/DC schematics, wiring diagrams, and control panel elevations
- Work in conjunction with other internal teams specializing in civil/structural, protection and controls, and automation
- Conduct periodic site visits and walkthroughs, estimating, and attending scoping meetings
- Apply sound and diversified knowledge of discipline engineering principles and practices in broad areas of project assignments
- Initiate and maintain extensive contacts with key engineers and officials in other organizations to confirm that engineering practices applied are consistent with current engineering standards, regulatory requirements, and current technological innovations
- Provide input to Project Managers and the Business Unit Leader concerning potential process and design improvements related to engineering design and technology
- In conjunction with the Project Manager, ensure the projects meet all required project measurements & indicators for performance which have been set by either the client or internally.
- Maintain and monitor a system of quality control and check on all projects assigned
- In conjunction with the Project Manager, accurately forecast fee revenue on an ongoing monthly basis and completing assignments within budget and schedule with high degree of accuracy
- Work independently and may direct, and/or supervise efforts of less- experienced EITs and/or Designers
- Monitor the training needs of individual staff members who are direct reports and identifying and scheduling training programs with the BUL; may also mentor, train, and/or supervise efforts of less-experienced EITs and/or Designers
- Provide key support to the BUL in all business development activities
- Assist in preparing proposals for the business unit by estimating engineering hours as an engineering discipline lead
- Maintaining a collaborative spirit in working with other Business Units providing the most optimum project team for projects often using personnel from multiple Business Units
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an ABET accredited program or equivalent
- Registration as a professional engineer, by examination, is required
- 6 - 10 years of substation engineering experience, preferably at an engineering consulting firm
- Unquestioned business and personal integrity
Must be able to sit at a desk for long periods of time (2-3 hours) with the ability to move at will; have vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; have hearing and speech skills to communicate in person, over the telephone or Teams/Skype/Zoom; have use of hands to finger, handle, type, or feel and manipulate mouse, keyboard, and computer equipment.