Who We Are
Want to be part of a team that is leading the broadband revolution? Join the best and brightest leaders in
the industry to connect more cities and rural communities to the digital economy. We look for people
with strong business skills, deep technical abilities and a passion for exceptional client service. We
empower our employees to leverage their know-how and experience to ensure we meet client objectives
Magellan Advisors, an ENTRUST Solutions Group Company, provides planning, engineering and implementation of the fastest,
most advanced fiber and broadband networks. We work for municipalities, utilities, co-ops, regional governments, tribes
and providers but serve any organization that is building fiber and broadband infrastructure.
Our mission is to connect every community, one at a time, to the digital economy so that no one is left
behind. Our work ensures that communities are able to access every opportunity the internet has to
offer so they can thrive in the connected world.
- Understand and learn actual costs for projects in various regions where Magellan operates, including costs for construction labor and materials, inside plant components, facilities, and network equipment and services.
- Work with many different resources including; implementation teams, network engineers, field personnel and contractors to ensure quality quotes
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends around project costing
- Maintain up to date pricing on all project components as necessary, weekly, monthly, quarterly, etc.
- Participate in Magellan team meetings to ensure knowledge of all current projects
- Participates in engineering, permit and construction processes
- Assist in the development of RFPs to support procurement of various project components
- Maintain a positive attitude and strong work ethic that can provide high productivity with minimal supervision.
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor
- Experience with fiber optic network documentation tools
- 3 years of OSP/ISP estimating experience
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Strong analytical skills – ability to translate data to strategy
- Ability to think creatively and strategically
- Strong communication skills are essential as is a cooperative attitude toward co-workers, customers, and contractors
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Visual design skills are a strong plus
- Ability to interact effectively with other team members
- Must be able to work independently without supervision