What We Do:
ENTRUST Solutions Group, an ENR Top 100 company, is a community of people, 3,000+ strong, who are committed to our clients and each other. We are diverse, talented, dedicated, and wholly focused on not only meeting the needs of our clients but exceeding their expectations.
We provide comprehensive and dependable engineering, consulting, and automation services to gas and electric utilities, telecommunication service providers, pipeline operators, and industrial companies.
Check out our company LinkedIn page and follow us at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/entrustsolutionsgroup
Who We Are:
At ENTRUST, we work together as a team to accomplish more than we would individually, delivering innovative engineering solutions to meet our clients’ needs, while consistently maintaining the highest level of ethics and integrity. With 35+ locations and 31+ languages in which our employees are fluent.
In return for top talent, ENTRUST Solutions Group offers:
- Competitive Compensation
- Generous Paid Time Off and Benefits
- Unlimited growth opportunities and career development programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Remote opportunities available
- Positive work environment designed around the philosophy of mutual respect
This position falls within our Electric-Utilities business sector and is responsible for independently performing detailed engineering design tasks for HVDC (High Voltage Direct Current) projects; working on multiple small to medium sized projects; performing most assignments independently with instructions as to the general results expected; receiving technical guidance on unusual or complex problems and supervisory approval on proposed plans for projects; supervising other engineers or drafters/designers on assigned work.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited university or equivalent technical degree
- 5+ years of work experience in the Electric Utilities industry or a related industry. At least 3 years of the work experience must be at an engineering consulting firm.
- PE License or ability to obtain PE license within 6-12 months
- Expertise about the converter terminals as well as Thyristor valves, Converter Transformer, DC Reactor, Harmonics filtering equipment, Control equipment, and Reactive power compensation
- Expertise about polarity of DC systems (monopole vs. bipole vs. back-to-back vs. multi-terminal)
- Expertise about multi-terminal systems
- Expertise about mercury arc valves or solid state valves
- HVDC Switching and control
- HVDC Grounding
- Collaborative approach to problem solving
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to build relationships with clients and staff members
- Developing industry contacts and expertise of the industry
- Unquestioned business and personal integrity
- PLS CADD experience a plus
For a full listing of all our openings, please visit us at: https://entrustsol.com/careers/
ENTRUST Solutions Group is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.