ENTRUST Solutions Group, an ENR Top 100 company, is a community of people, 2,500+ strong, who are committed to our clients and each other. We are diverse, talented, dedicated, and wholly focused on not only meeting the needs of our clients but exceeding their expectations.
We provide comprehensive and dependable engineering, consulting, and automation services to gas and electric utilities, telecommunication service providers, pipeline operators, and industrial companies. With first-hand experience operating and maintaining energy infrastructure, our engineering professionals provide expertise in Renewables, Power Services, GIS and Data Solutions, Automation Integration, Pipeline Engineering, Integrity Services, Industrial Solutions, Telecommunications, and Process Safety Management.
At ENTRUST, we work together as a team to accomplish more than we would individually, delivering innovative engineering solutions to meet our clients’ needs, while consistently maintaining the highest level of ethics and integrity.
We are passionate about what we do, how we do it, and who we do it for. We work with a smile, connect easily with others, and believe that work-life balance and a flexible work environment benefits everyone.
In return for top talent, ENTRUST Solutions Group offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and a positive work environment designed around the philosophy of mutual respect and the challenge of contributing to the continued success of our organization.
ENTRUST SOLUTIONS GROUP BY THE NUMBERS:
- 35+ US locations with licenses in all 50 states
- 3000+ Employees company-wide
- 31+ Languages in which our employees are fluent
- 105+ Professional Engineers (PE)
This position is responsible for independently performing detailed engineering design on a variety of Substation engineering tasks; performing engineering tasks on multiple projects with a moderate level of technical difficulty; performing most assignments independently with instructions as to the general results expected; receiving technical guidance on unusual or complex problems and supervisory approval on proposed plans for projects; supervising other engineers or drafters/designers on assigned work.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working on simple to complex substation projects with a multidiscipline team from assisting with scope estimating and proposals, through detailed design and equipment procurement, to project construction bidding, to commissioning and construction support for energization
- Reviewing and producing physical design drawings, including General Arrangement, Elevations and equipment connection Details, Grounding Plan and Details, Conduit Plan and Details, Control Building Layout and Details, Foundation Plan and Details, and developing material lists
- Performing studies and calculations to properly design substations, including grounding calculations, lightning protection calculations, battery bank sizing calculations, conduit fill calculations, and substation sizing calculations
- Proficient with substation protection and control design and industry standards
- Reviewing and producing design drawings, including one-line diagrams, AC/DC schematics, wiring diagrams, and control panel elevations
- Performing AC & DC substation studies
- Conducting periodic site visits and walkthroughs, estimating, and attending scoping meetings
- Applying sound engineering knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of project assignments
- Developing contacts with key engineers and officials in other organizations to confirm that engineering practices applied are consistent with current engineering standards, regulatory requirements, and current technological innovations
- Providing input to Project Managers and the Business Unit Leader concerning potential process and design improvements related to engineering design and technology
- Following systems of quality control and checking on all projects assigned
- Assisting in preparing proposals for the business unit by estimating engineering hours as an engineering discipline lead
- Developing and maintaining quality relationships with clients
- Maintaining a collaborative spirit in working with within the Business Unit (BU) and with other BUs
- Performing miscellaneous job-related duties as necessary
- Bachelor's degree in engineering from an ABET accredited program or equivalent
- EIT required, registration as a professional engineer, by examination, is highly preferred.
- 3 - 5 years of substation engineering experience, preferably at an engineering consulting firm
- Collaborative approach to problem solving
- Ability to build relationships with clients and staff members
- Strong technical engineering expertise (intermediate level) related to one or more engineering disciplines in the area of substations
- Strong industry connections and knowledge of the electric utility industry
- Unquestioned business and personal integrity
- Commitment to safety
- Prior experience with substation walkthroughs and commissioning
- Knowledge of substation electrical physical (apparatus) equipment
- Knowledge of basic relay settings
- Knowledge of National Electrical Code (NEC)
- Ability to work in a professional manner with other engineering and operational personnel at investor-owned utilities, rural electric cooperatives and municipalities
- Demonstrated ability to work with highly technical staff and manage multiple tasks and objectives
- Motivated and enthusiastic; drive and ambition to set and reach challenging goals
- Self-starter with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written to communicate effectively with internal team members and external clients
- Ability to maintain and develop business with both existing and new/identified clients
- People-oriented team player
- Confident handling of the appropriate software for design purposes
- Ability and willingness to travel approximately 20%, as needed within the continental U.S.
Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, and to attend meetings at various sites within and away from the Firm; must also be able to work at a desk for long periods of time (2-3 hours); strength to lift and carry materials weighing up to 25 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone.
All offers are contingent upon receipt of satisfactory results of a pre-employment drug test and criminal background screening.
ENTRUST Solutions Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
Compensation and Benefits:
- This position pays between $76,000 and $114,000 annually and is a non-exempt position.
- Benefits offered include company sponsored medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) plan with company match. Also offered are tuition reimbursement, voluntary life, disability, critical illness, accident and hospitalization plans. HSA or FSA medical accounts and FSA dependent care and transportation/parking accounts are also available. These benefits are subject to employee contribution amounts generally set annually.
- Full time employees are eligible to earn PTO hours.
- May be eligible for discretionary bonus as determined by the company.