Job Title: VP Consulting
Reports To: COO & CEO
Position Type: Full-time
FLSA Status: Exempt; Salary
Work Location: Remote/United States
Required Travel: <20%
Who We Are: Magellan Advisors, an ENTRUST Solutions Group Company
Want to be part of a team that is leading the broadband revolution? Join the best and brightest leaders in the industry to connect more cities and rural communities to the digital economy. We look for people with strong business skills, deep technical abilities and a passion for exceptional client service. We empower our employees to leverage their know-how and experience to ensure we meet client objectives every time. Magellan Advisors provides planning, engineering and implementation of the fastest, most advanced fiber and broadband networks. We work for municipalities, utilities, co-ops, regional governments, tribes and providers but serve any organization that is building fiber and broadband infrastructure. Our mission is to connect every community, one at a time, to the digital economy so that no one is left behind. Our work ensures that communities are able to access every opportunity the internet has to offer so they can thrive in the connected world
The VP of Consulting is responsible for managing project teams and for ensuring projects are prepared according to proposals developed by Magellan for clients, and for allocating other internal Magellan staff as needed to provide support and fulfillment on these projects. The role also manages a portfolio of key customers and works to maximize our relationship with every client.
- This dynamic leader will oversee and manage a portfolio of projects simultaneously and act as a true consultant to our partners.
- Lead engagement planning and budgeting; mobilize and manage engagement teams.
- Define deliverable structure and content. Ensure Magellan standards are kept and met regarding project and company processes, policies, and standards.
- Facilitate buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels within the client’s organization.
- Direct on-time, quality delivery of work products.
- Manage engagement economics/P&L.
- Manage engagement risk.
- Manage expectations and day-to-day interactions with executive clients and sponsors.
- Establish and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients.
- Participate in public speaking events and conferences.
- Act as counselor and coach; actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities; provide leadership and support for delivery teams and staff across the country.
- Build an effective middle management team, including Team leaders/Project Managers.
- Work closely with marketing and the implementation team to identify opportunities for product improvements.
- Effectively communicate program status and progress against objectives to clients and senior management
- Participates in projects when project load requires.
- Schedules and participates in site visits and travels when required.
- Utilizes Magellan’s project management tools to manage projects and to provide accurate management reporting.
- Requests internal staff support on projects.
- Delivers final reports to clients and presenting results.
- Utilizes current contacts and professional networks to identify new business opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and thrive in a fast-paced environment. At least four years’ experience creating the vision, roadmap, and strategic direction for highly complex technology projects.
- Excellent knowledge of state-of-the-art technologies within Digital, IT infrastructure and application development and proven experience in digital leadership. In this role the right mix of technical knowledge, business skills and consumer-orientation in the market is critical to the organization.
- At least 4years’ experience translating business issues into customer solutions including opportunity identification, requirements development, and delivery.
- At least 10 years’ consulting or relevant agency experience in telecommunications.
- Experience managing client expectations and overseeing budgets.
- Experience leading opportunity pursuit, engagement or delivery teams.
- Experience leading a team of cross-functional direct reports.
- Demonstrated ability to identify emerging business trends resulting in strategy recommendations to senior management.
- Ability to constructively influence and interact at the highest levels of the company and in target clients.
- Excellent communication skills and highly effective interpersonal skills are required as well as an ability to inspire confidence and provide business development leadership throughout the company.
- Willingness to travel up to 20%.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not a comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it. ENTRUST Solutions Group, LLC reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs. Employees are considered “at will” employees where either party can modify or end the employment relationship at any time without notice.
Employees must be able to perform the essential responsibilities of the role satisfactorily. If requested, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a qualified employee with a disability to perform the essential duties of the job, absent undue hardship.