Colorful Connections Talent Connector
Colorful Connections is a diversity and equity recruiting and retention firm. As a social enterprise, we help leaders create inclusive workplace cultures, while supporting the advancement of talented professionals from historically marginalized communities. Learn more about us at ColorfulConnections.com.
What do you get to do?
- Candidate Sourcing: Utilize various sourcing channels, such as online job boards, social media platforms, professional networks, and direct sourcing techniques to identify and engage with potential candidates.
- Talent Pipeline Building: Develop and maintain a pool of qualified candidates for current and future job openings by establishing and nurturing relationships with passive candidates.
- Screening and Evaluation: Review resumes and conduct initial screenings to assess candidates' qualifications, skills, and fit for specific roles. Identify top candidates and present them to recruiters or hiring managers for further evaluation.
- Stay updated on industry trends, talent market dynamics, and competitive intelligence to provide insights and recommendations for attracting top talent.
- Recommend tools, resources, and content that would enable you to do your job better.
What traits are needed to do this job well?
- Professional Matchmaker: enjoy connecting professional with promising jobs and helping them advance in their careers.
- Creative Persistence: by any means necessary, pleasantly and respectfully flag and chase down amazing professionals who may be interested in an exciting job opportunity that we’re helping with.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills: you need to be able to communicate effectively with others (via text, email, phone and social outreach).
- Tech Savviness: comfort and willingness to learn and use different software programs and tools to communicate with professionals in and outside of the Colorful Connections network.
- Collaboration: we work together, support one another, and share our work.
- Care about diversity: this is critical to the work that we do at Colorful Connections.
What experience and skills are needed to do this job well?
- Previous experience in recruitment, talent acquisition, or sourcing roles.
- Proficiency in utilizing various sourcing tools and techniques.
- Strong knowledge of online job boards, social media platforms, and professional networks.
- Ability to effectively evaluate candidate qualifications and assess suitability for a role.
- Familiarity with applicant tracking systems (ATS) or recruitment software. (Loxo, Seekout, Facebook groups, Instagram, and LinkedIn)
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to review, revise, and provide feedback on job descriptions.
- Strong writing, proofing, editing, research, and analytical skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced and dynamic recruitment environment.
What does a day-to-day look like?
- Candidate Engagement: Engage with potential candidates through various communication channels like emails, phone calls, and social media messages. The goal is to establish connections, build relationships, and generate interest in job opportunities. This may involve answering candidate inquiries and promoting the employer brand.
- Applicant Tracking: Utilize applicant tracking systems (ATS) or other recruitment software to document and manage candidate interactions. This includes tracking sourcing metrics, updating candidate profiles, and ensuring accurate data management. Additionally, ATS can be used to track sourcing metrics, such as number of candidates sourced, conversion rates, and time-to-fill positions.
- Collaborative Partnership: Collaborate closely with team, hiring managers, and other stakeholders to understand the specific hiring needs, job requirements, and desired candidate profiles. Regular communication with these stakeholders helps align sourcing efforts with our talent acquisition strategy.
- Continuous Improvement: Stay updated on sourcing best practices, new tools, and techniques to enhance sourcing effectiveness and efficiency.
It is important to note that the specific tasks and priorities may vary depending on the organization, industry, and the stage of the recruitment process. However, these activities provide a general overview of what a day-to-day routine in candidate engagement and recruitment may entail. This is a remote position!
Why are we hiring?
We created this role because our recruiting workload is expanding. Exciting times!
What do we value?
Teams, collaboration, bringing your best, perseverance, being solution-oriented, thinking outside the box, being proactive, frankness, respect, and celebrating our diversity.
We value our mission. We take seriously our role in helping people be seen, and see.
This role for someone who’s looking for that, and to create lasting impact.
Position: This is a contractor position.
Thank you for your interest in this role; we look forward to hearing from you.