Colorful Connections Intern
Colorful Connections is a diversity and equity recruiting and retention firm. As a social enterprise, we help leaders create inclusive workplace cultures, while supporting the advancement of talented professionals from historically marginalized communities. Learn more about us at ColorfulConnections.com. Thank you for your interest in this role; we look forward to hearing from you.
What do you get to do?
- Use digital communication tools to share Colorful Connections’ content and company updates with our current and prospective network.
- Learn how to plan and drive forward an integrated communications campaign.
- Contribute to DEI-related projects that you may be interested in and/or passionate about (ie, content development and research support with special projects).
- Recommend tools, resources, and content that would enable you to do your job better.
What traits are needed to do this job well?
- Writing & Communication: you need to be able to communicate effectively with a variety of internal and external audiences (via text, email, phone and social outreach).
- Digital & Social Media Savviness: comfort with and willingness to learn e-newsletter tools and social media sites (ie, MailChimp, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn), and helping with basic website updates (we use Wix).
- Design Intuition: you will help create a variety of visual pieces of content for posting on social media, our website, and to accompany articles and speaker sessions.
- Project and Task Management: working as a part of a team, you will help plan and track individual parts of an integrated communication campaign, keeping everyone organized and running efficiently.
- Interest in and Respect for Diversity, Inclusivity & Equity: we are looking for someone who believes in challenging the norm, advocating for diversity, and helping people be seen for their full skills and capabilities.
- Flexibility & Proactiveness: as an early stage company, we are constantly evolving and growing. We welcome and encourage new ideas to help us do our jobs better.
- Collaboration: we work together, support one another, and share our work.
What does a day-to-day look like?
- Collecting DEI research for social content, workshop support and newsletters.
- Create and send emails and e-newsletter campaigns to communicate with members of our network.
- With guidance, help create new pieces of content for our website includuing but not limited to articles, infographics and one-pagers.
- Research community and professional networks within specific industries to help our recruiting team find and match candidates with jobs.
- Creating content for posting on our different social media platforms, website and external marketing purposes (ie, designing social media post and drafting copy, creating an infographic).
- With guidance, create and update our editorial content calendar.
- Create reporting and share performance metrics, sharing highlights about different channels.
- Helping with basic website updates (ie, copy changes to existing webpages).
- When able, provide Zoom technical support for live webinar, including opening the virtual room, monitoring chat feature, etc.
- Manage deadlines and deliverables to keep the team on track, and processes and organizing systems in order.
- Help proof material for grammar, punctuation and design.
- Supporting a range of special projects like research for speaking engagements and/or recruiting projects.
Why are we hiring?
We created this role because our communications workload is expanding. Exciting times!
What do we value?
Teams, collaboration, bringing your best, perseverance, being solution-oriented, thinking outside the box, being proactive, frankness, respect, and celebrating our diversity.
We value our mission. We take seriously our role in helping people be seen, and see.
This role for someone who’s looking for that, and to create lasting impact.
To apply: please attach your resume, cover letter and 3 references.
Please note: We would love to work with someone who is based in the Milwaukee or Chicago metro area, however, we are open to remote applicants from across the USA.
Ideal start date, January 2024. Compensation $500 monthly stipend, 10 hours/week, + college credit.