Due to unprecedented growth and future expansion, our client are now seeking to expanding their Technical R&D Consulting business in the Midlands. Operating from their HQ in Derby, they are seeking experienced R&D Tax Experts, who are looking to manage the entire Client journey from start to finish, with the full support of an in-house Technical Writing Team.
You will be organising in person meetings with Clients, typically meeting the main decision makers within the business (Owner, Managing Director, Financial Director, Technical/Operations Director), to talk through the entire R&D tax credit scheme, how it operates and then proceed to extract the technical information regarding the innovations and research and development work performed by the Company during the recent periods, to identify whether their quality for R&D Tax Credits.
It will be your role to review (and support the writing of) the Technical Reports to submit to HMRC in order to justify the R&D tax credit claim on behalf of the Client. On going project management of the process, in conjunction with the Client - liaison with the Client to help them collate financial information to prepare their claim, as well as extracting descriptions regarding material and sub-contractor costs, working with our internal Accounts Team to prepare the information provided by the Client in order to create financial schedules.
- You will ideally have prior R&D Tax Credit experience and understanding of the tax claim process.
- A friendly and personable approach, good communicator, who is able to understand and reflect on technical information in order to ask probing questions.
- A degree of scientific, technical and/or engineering knowledge to help perform technical elicitations.
- A full UK driving licence.
- A basic knowledge of accountancy (profit and loss accounts, balance sheets) is useful, but not essential.
Positive Aspects of Role:
- Ability to organise one’s own schedule to suit individual needs.
- Output orientated approach – not tied down to working hours – flexible working to suit your lifestyle, with opportunity to work from home as well as in our Derby office.
- The chance to work with a range of interesting Clients, performing clever and innovative work from a wide range of sectors from all over the UK, but predominantly in the Midlands.
- Sociable company to work for - lots of internal development and part of a wider International Group.