Welcome to I.C. Thomasson, an engineering consulting firm that serves to create a designed world that is smarter, healthier, and more sustainable!
Recently named one of Nashville Business Journal’s, Best Places to Work, ICT truly encompasses the “teamwork makes the dream work” mentality, which is prevalent in all that we do internally for our employees, but also externally as we work with our clients.
If you’re a lifelong learner who enjoys a collaborate environment, ICT may be a good next step for you in your career!
- Deal directly with clients to establish project schedules and expectations and assure projects meet commitments related to time, quality, and cost.
- Manage, direct and supervise engineering staff in the execution of specific projects.
- Experience with steam, chilled water, and compressed air systems and an understanding of basic industrial processes.
- Be responsible for the total mechanical systems design for specific projects.
- Make calculations integral to the mechanical systems design including hydraulic modeling and stress analysis for piping systems.
- Be familiar with and apply applicable codes.
- Supplement ICT design standards and administrative procedures where needed.
- Assist team leader in manpower projections and scheduling of work.
- Assist team leader in maintaining and developing client base through various business development efforts.
- Assist team leader in preparation of responses to requests for Proposals (RFP) including narratives, resumes, and fee development.
- Identify new opportunities that may have synergistic benefit with our existing business.
- Ten (10) or more years of relevant experience.
- B.S. degree in mechanical engineering.
- Professional Engineers (PE) license.
- Project management experience.
- Knowledge of engineering theories and methodologies.
- Knowledge of project approach and system design.
- Willingness to build and maintain relationships with clients.
- Competitive salary is offered based on experience and qualifications.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, and long-term Care Insurance.
- 401k Retirement plan.
- Opportunities for continued learning.
- Opportunity to contribute and lead high visibility and high impact projects.
Why Work for ICT?
I.C. Thomasson is an employee-owned engineering consulting firm that is:
-Recognized as one of the Fast 50, for revenue growth over the last 3 years (Nashville Business Journal, 2023)
-Ranked #18 of the top 70 Hotel Sector Engineering + EA Firms (BD+C, 2022)
-Ranked #20 of the top 90 Healthcare Sector Engineering + EA Firms (BD+C, 2022)
- Ranked #20 of the top 50 Miliary Facility Engineering + EA Firms (BD+C, 2022)
I.C. Thomasson has been around for 81 years and is continuing to grow. Join us and leave your mark on the history of not only the city of Nashville, but countless other cities and states around the world!
If you’re interested in being part of something bigger, a dynamic team that provides hands-on learning opportunities, and a culture-focused environment, please apply now!
I.C. Thomasson Associates, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
I.C. Thomasson Associates, Inc. will not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party agencies including recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms, or employment agencies. An executed services agreement is required prior to any financial obligation for either a referral or recruiter fee. In the event a third party submits a candidate or resume without a previously executed agreement, I.C. Thomasson Associates, Inc. explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to I.C. Thomasson’s hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of I.C. Thomasson Associates, Inc. upon receipt.