Welcome to I.C. Thomasson, an engineering consulting firm that serves to create a designed world that is smarter, healthier, and more sustainable!
Recently named one of Nashville Business Journal’s, Best Places to Work, ICT truly encompasses the “teamwork makes the dream work” mentality, which is prevalent in all that we do internally for our employees, but also externally as we work with our clients.
Thomasson Commissioning Services (TCS) is currently seeking a Commissioning Agent for our Commissioning Team, with a primary focus on commissioning and energy efficiency sectors. If you’re a lifelong learner who enjoys a collaborate environment, ICT may be a good next step for you in your career!
- Work in the Commissioning Team as a Commissioning Agent, with emphasis on electrical systems.
- Perform or assist in commissioning activities including commissioning plan creation, design reviews, chair commissioning kickoff meetings, job progress reports, functional performance testing and final report creation.
- Develop owner project requirements.
- Perform pre-functional tests, observe equipment start-up and prepare reports.
- Perform multiple project tasks simultaneously and balance workload to meet project schedules.
- Make calculations integral to design review and commissioning acceptance of systems.
- Perform selected QA/QC on company-wide controls design projects.
- Become familiar with and apply applicable codes.
- Supervise project close-out process.
- Attend coordination meetings with clients/owners and contractors as needed.
- As experience is gained along with a better understanding of our business, anticipate job functions to include business development, marketing, and project management duties, including identifying new opportunities that may have synergistic benefit with our existing business.
- Associate or Bachelor degree in Engineering or related field preferred.
- Prefer candidate to have current commissioning certification through ACG or similar organization.
- 2-5 years of commissioning or related experience with mechanical, electrical, plumbing, automatic temperature control systems, and/or testing, adjusting and balancing.
- Knowledge of building codes and regulations.
- Knowledge of construction procurement and design development processes.
- Competitive salary is offered based on experience and qualifications.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, and long-term Care Insurance.
- 401k Retirement plan.
- Opportunities for continued learning.
- Opportunity to contribute to high visibility and high impact projects.
Why Work for ICT?
I.C. Thomasson is an employee-owned engineering consulting firm that is:
-Recognized as one of the Fast 50, for revenue growth over the last 3 years (Nashville Business Journal, 2023)
-Ranked #18 of the top 70 Hotel Sector Engineering + EA Firms (BD+C, 2022)
-Ranked #20 of the top 90 Healthcare Sector Engineering + EA Firms (BD+C, 2022)
- Ranked #20 of the top 50 Miliary Facility Engineering + EA Firms (BD+C, 2022)
I.C. Thomasson has been around for 81 years and is continuing to grow. Join us and leave your mark on the history of not only the city of Nashville, but countless other cities and states around the world!
If you’re interested in being part of something bigger, a dynamic team that provides hands-on learning opportunities, and a culture-focused environment, please apply now!
I.C. Thomasson Associates, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
I.C. Thomasson Associates, Inc. will not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party agencies including recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms, or employment agencies. An executed services agreement is required prior to any financial obligation for either a referral or recruiter fee. In the event a third party submits a candidate or resume without a previously executed agreement, I.C. Thomasson Associates, Inc. explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to I.C. Thomasson’s hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of I.C. Thomasson Associates, Inc. upon receipt.