Be sure to follow our LinkedIn company page for the latest updates on all our open jobs!
Vale Group has partnered with an established company in the aviation industry based in Stockton, CA to hire an Lead Quality Inspector for an ON-SITE opportunity paying between $31.00 and $41.00 per hour, based on experience.
Benefits of the Lead Quality Inspector opportunity include medical, dental, vision, 401k and opportunity for growth an advancement.
Requirements of the Lead Quality Inspector:
- High school diploma or equivalent; additional relevant certifications in quality inspection are preferred.
- Proven experience (10+ years) as a Quality Inspector in the aviation or aerospace manufacturing industry, focusing on engine parts and components.
- Familiarity with turbine engines, particularly military aircraft
- Thorough understanding of engineering drawings, blueprints, and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T).
- Knowledge of aviation industry standards, regulations, and quality management systems (e.g., AS9100).
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and the ability to identify and resolve quality-related issues.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, facilitating effective collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Adherence to safety protocols and the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic manufacturing environment.
Responsibilities of the Lead Quality Inspector:
- Train and supervise the inspection team to conduct detailed inspections of in-process, sub-assemblies, and completed aircraft engine parts and components.
- Prepare reports and documentation on any deviations or non-conformities, working closely with production and engineering teams to address and resolve issues promptly.
- Review and interpret inspection reports, test data, and production documentation to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Collaborate with the Engineering teams to continuously improve inspection processes and procedures.
- Monitor and track inspection records, maintaining comprehensive documentation for audit purposes and traceability.
- Participate in internal and external audits, assisting in the implementation of corrective and preventive actions as needed.
- Promote a culture of quality, safety, and continuous improvement among team members.
We encourage you to follow our page and explore all opportunities available with Vale Group