This role brought to you by the letters A, I, and The Joanne Weaver Group.
Onsite in NYC (Flatiron) - relocation assistance offered within the USA
About the company:
AI might be the hot new darling, but our AI startup client has been mastering the space for 4+ years, and they’re already designing and building tools that other companies are just starting to think of.
They’re a growing, $32M-funded autonomous AI startup (Series A), a largely greenfield and super future-facing space. Led by a kind, empathic co-founder with a recent successful exit under his belt, they’re a close-knit, friendly and passionate group of scientists and builders exploring the boundaries of how artificial intelligence can benefit humanity.
They’ve been growing quickly but sustainably, and are actively hiring across the board in a down market - always a good sign! They’re attracting top talent from Google, Amazon, Palantir, Snap, Flatiron Health, and Microsoft.
Their products have helped some of the world’s largest consumer-goods and manufacturing companies transform their sales and supply chains into autonomous, self-learning systems — and, they’re also playing in the sustainability and renewable energy space, to move our world towards less dependence on fossil fuels. A dreamy future, non?
You’ll do cool stuff like make customizations for various clients within the existing system, build out capabilities of their tools, and more. As the company is in a greenfield space, you’ll also be able to flex your future-facing muscles in contributing to roadmaps that have no set industry standard. This is your time to get creative and dream big!
You’ll be responsible for…
- Partnering directly with the CEO to productize novel ML models and bring solutions to life.
- Working closely with real enterprise users in many different countries, as well as the engineers and scientists on your team, to define what human-computer interaction looks like in an age of active learning AI.
- Excitement for AI and building machine learning systems
- Passion for good engineering, clean code, and scalability
- Interest in the full ML stack from initial R&D through deploying models into production
- Experience working with data in Python and SQL
- The ability to communicate technical concepts clearly at all levels, whether that be engaging deeply on a topic with other Machine Learning Scientists or sharing key insights with business stakeholders
- Experience owning, architecting, building, and scaling complex web applications
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, and problem solving
- Figma skills to design mockups and prototypes, and a good product design sense
- Experience collaborating with Product Designers, Software Engineers and external stakeholders to deliver compelling user-facing products
- A strong customer focus with the ability to translate user requirements into good design
- The ability to take a project from scoping its requirements through to the actual launch
- Experience with continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD)
Nice to haves…
- Experience developing rich applications with Three.js and D3.js
- Significant understanding of browser compatibility
- Significant understanding of UX concepts
- Ability to identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
- Knowledge of web security best practices
- Experience building software scalable systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
Salary: $150-200K + equity, depending on experience
Send your resume, portfolio if you have one, and salary range to:
team (at) joanneweavergroup.com
*** REFERRAL BONUS ELIGIBILITY *** If this isn't for you, but recommend someone to us who could be a fantastic fit, you can earn a referral bonus of up to $1,000 if we place them long term. Recommendations and intros are very welcome!