Fessler & Bowman, Inc. is a premier concrete and earthwork contractor located in Charlotte, North Carolina working on projects around the country. With a 50+ year history of quality, safety, and profitability, the Company has relied on its strong leadership team and core principals. The Company has high-growth regional offices in Raleigh, NC, Charlotte, NC and Bossier City, LA and continues to expand its national footprint. F&B is involved in all things concrete, earthwork and site utilities related, including building foundations, concrete slab on grade, concrete elevated slabs, shored concrete slabs, industrial press pit foundations, concrete pavement projects, site development, to earthwork and pipework.
The Regional Safety Manager Position
The Regional Safety Manager will collaborate with the Corporate Safety Director and Safety Department to complete initiatives to ensure that the Company is compliant and innovative. The Safety Manager is responsible for providing the project management teams with guidance and confirms that project sites fulfill industry, local, state, and federal guidelines, and regulations. Through site assessments, employee training, preventative care and being a resource to the Company, the Safety Manager will assist in maintaining an evolving safety culture. The following descriptions are representative of, but not limited to, the expectations for the position.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Conducts safety meetings, audits, and inspections to ensure compliance, evaluate performance, identify corrective action, and implement follow up assessments
- Plans, implements, manages, and maintains comprehensive environmental safety & health programs on premises or at project site locations
- Guarantees that all work is performed in accordance with approved manuals, internal policies and procedures, contract documents, and good engineering practices
- Collaborates with management to develop an Emergency Action Plan and serve as the primary contact for project site injury and incident notification, investigation, and case management
- Plans, implements, and conducts preventative care, safety, and compliance training programs
Preferred Experience, Skills & Abilities for the Regional Safety Manager Position
- Bachelor of Science in Safety, Health, Engineering, or related field is preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least (6) years of large-scale commercial, or industrial Project Management experience, including at least (4) years of management level safety professional experience.
- Experience in developing Job Hazard Analysis and Pre-Task Plans for construction sites
- OSHA 500 – OSHA Standards for the Construction Industry preferred
- OSHA 510 – OSHA Standards for the Construction Industry preferred
- Current certifications in First Aid, CPR, OSHA 30-hour Construction Safety Industry Standards are a plus
- Bilingual- fluent in both English and Spanish is preferred but not required
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with an adaptable and flexible style in working with all types of individuals.
Compensation, Benefits & Structure of the Regional Safety Manager Position
This position includes a competitive salary structure based on skills and experience with a comprehensive benefits package. The position is based in the North Carolina office and requires travel between job sites and offices.
The Recruitment Process for the Regional Safety Manager Position
The recruitment process is designed to be a thorough, two-way evaluation to ensure that the best decision is made by both the Company and the candidate. Given this, multiple steps are required, including a phone interview, in-person interviews, candidate assessments, and a pre-employment background check and drug test.
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer