Job Title: Firefighter/Paramedic Position Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Representation: IAFF Reports to: Fire Chief
Starting Annual Pay: $50,156.69 Top Pay: $83,594.00 at step 5
Prior experience will be considered when determining starting pay rate.
Job Posting Date: Open until filled
The Firefighter/Paramedic responsibilities include saving lives, reducing property loss through rescue techniques, and fire suppression operations. An employee in this position is required to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Additionally, applicants must be the requirements as listed below.
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
· High school diploma or equivalent required
· Must maintain a valid Michigan driver's license and a good driving record
· Must be a certified Michigan Firefighter Level I &II
· Hazmat Operations Level certified is required
· Must be licensed as a Paramedic by the State of Michigan at the time of hire
· Valid certification from a Fire Training Academy recognized by the Township
· Current and valid completion of the Physical Agility Test (CPAT) from Schoolcraft College or equivalent within the preceding 365 days of hire
The Recruiting Process for the Firefighter/Paramedic Position:
The application form can be obtained at www.plymouth.org. Completed applications, including evidence of certifications must be submitted to the Fire Department Office, only at 9955 N. Haggerty Road, Plymouth, MI 48170. Questions may be directed to 734-354-3221.
The Charter Township of Plymouth does not discriminate against any individual or group because of race, religion, age, national origin, color, marital status, handicap, height or weight, in the employment or provision of services.