The Financial Analyst is responsible for providing documented and justified recommendations to Relationship Officers, External Partner Brokers/Underwriters, and Senior Management on the viability of new credits. This role is designed to complement and collaborate with other GCL departments by providing analysis and monitoring services including but not limited to: Evaluating the eligibility and credit worthiness of businesses and determining the ability to repay commercial loans by financial spreads, appropriate credit structuring, conducting cash flow, guarantor, collateral, industry analysis, and developing preliminary credit summaries for the credit memo; Proactively monitor the performance of borrowers, identify deviations from agreed financial performance and covenants, and make recommendations on appropriate credit re-structures, including managing client relationships, monitoring construction progress, problem loan restructuring methods, risk identification, and loss mitigation tools; Demonstrate, acquire new, and share knowledge and practices regarding Commercial Real Estate Loans, Business Lines of Credit, and Equipment Financing, including SBA 7(a), SBA 504 Loan Guarantee programs, USDA Rural Energy, USDA Business & Industry, and USDA Rural Development Loans.
Who we're looking for:
Before we get into the specific details of this position’s requirements and qualifications, let's focus on the bigger picture of Greater Nevada, and what makes a Greater Nevadan.
Greater Commercial Lending is a wholly owned subsidiary of Greater Nevada Credit Union that helps businesses nation-wide, from a cattle operation in Nevada, to a denim mill in Louisiana, to a biofuel terminal in Hawaii. GCL finds financial solutions to complex challenges by leveraging a diverse set of products, and its work is consistently recognized as one of the top USDA lenders in the nation.
At Greater Nevada, our passion is Helping More People Live Greater. When we say "people," we mean every single person who we interact with or could interact with, from our team members to our community members.
What You'll Be Doing
- Communicates directly with clients, and potential clients, regarding credit events and actions as needed, recommending and implementing new loans, renewals, and restructures to meet client, lender, investor, participant, and Agency requirements.
- Performs complete analyses of new and existing borrower(s) and guarantors(s) using internal assessment tools, the company's tax returns, financial statements, business credit reports, industry trends, third party reports, knowledge of applicable SBA/USDA regulations and conventional guidelines to create the initial credit memo including a market, credit, and collateral analyses to make informed decisions on new loans, renewals, and restructures.
- Prepare complex, written credit presentations for use by credit committees, investors, participants and Agencies in making credit decisions on new, existing service requests, and delinquent loans.
- Collaborate with Diversified Assets on restructuring facilities to mitigate risk and improve borrower performance.
- Work closely with all GCL departments to ensure seamless transition of borrower from loan closing to portfolio monitoring or Syndication and Lending Partnerships, Investor Relations, and Diversified Assets.
Location & Travel
Remote position - United States
- The Financial Analyst has the option to work remotely
- Greater Commercial Lending is located in beautiful Northern Nevada
- You must be willing and able to travel to locales other than the normal location for the position, including overnight trips as appropriate for your job responsibilities
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License and have access to a reliable vehicle
- $65,000.00- $95,000.00 per year
- Competitive compensation and Greater Benefits are part of our deal
- Commercial Loan analysis and underwriting experience. (3-8 yrs)
- High level of reasoning, analysis and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently to organize and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to understand and apply statutory and regulatory compliance matters.
Remote position but if candidate is local, it's acceptable.