College Place, WA
BRANCH MANAGER – JOB DESCRIPTION
As a part of the Bank’s management and leadership team, you will utilize your sales, banking and management experience to be an instrumental part of the Bank’s team. Our Branch Managers oversee the operations and sales functions of a branch while delivering superior customer service. You will lead your team in making sales calls, conduct trainings, process transactions and complete loan documents. All of these functions will be completed while utilizing your experiences to make sound decisions and ensuring established policies and procedures are followed.
STATEMENT OF EXPECTATIONS
Bank expects all employees to comply with the responsibilities of their assigned position to the highest degree of performance by:
• Adhering to the Company’s policies and supporting Management decisions and goals in a positive, professional manner.
• Representing Community Bank with a high level of integrity and professionalism.
• Maintaining knowledge and understanding of banking rules, regulations, laws and all policies and procedures pertaining to them including, but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act.
• Demonstrating a willingness to adapt to changing business needs and deadlines.
• Possessing a work ethic that includes neatness and punctuality.
• Exhibiting a professional, business-like appearance and demeanor.
- Responsible for training, scheduling, and assigning work of subordinate branch personnel.
- Meet with branch staff regularly (both 1:1 and in group meetings) to organize sales efforts, communicate procedural/products changes, and resolve issues to optimize branch performance and employee engagement. Establish regular coaching opportunities with each team member to review goals and highlight further personal development.
- Ensure the Branch is open and ready to conduct business each business day. Delegate various operations duties to the Customer Service Manager and/or branch staff while maintaining overall administrative responsibility.
- Assist customers seeking to apply for personal and small business loans, including but not limited to:
- Interview applicants and explain loan programs and requirements.
- Collect financial and other pertinent data for submission to centralized underwriting.
- Inform prospective borrowers of loan commitment, proposal, or denial.
- Manage customer contact during application, underwriting, approval/denial process.
- Finalize loan closing, document signing, and funding with borrower.
- Loan portfolio management for a limited number small business lending customers (usually up to 25 relationships).
- Collection of borrower financial data, collateral inspections, or other items required for ongoing portfolio maintenance.
- Monitoring loan repayment activities and taking necessary action to collect from past-due accounts
- Provide such customer services as explaining savings and checking programs, opening new accounts, approving checks and transactions that tellers could not transact routinely, and dealing with difficult customers.
- Maintain working knowledge of both personal and business electronic banking products including internet/mobile services, cash management and electronic payment solutions.
- Ensure the Branch balances all transactions at close of each business day. Help tellers and others resolve balancing problems and authorize over/short adjustments. Conduct “surprise audits” as necessary to verify accuracy of teller balances.
- Ensure ATM’s are serviced and operational during business hours and are balanced each day.
- Collect bad checks taken at the Branch and delinquent overdrafts as well as losses resulting from ATM transactions.
- Make regular business development calls to solicit new business or improve services to existing clients.
- Join area service clubs and organizations, and represent the Bank at functions and meetings.
- Responsible for general maintenance of the Branch, ensuring safety and security of customers, employees and branch assets by following and enforcing all security procedures.
- Responsible for completing all digital, in-person and other training courses as assigned.
- Maintain current employee information in the Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Review employee time cards, edit, correct and approve each pay period; monitor employee leave time to insure it is being used according to company policy; notify Human Resources when an employee requests, or may require, an extended leave of absence (such as FMLA); conduct performance reviews; prepare disciplinary documentation when appropriate; and complete the necessary paperwork and process when hiring or terminating an employee.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Environment and Interaction
Work areas are inside, in a climate-controlled environment, with moderate background noise. Position may involve occasional travel to branch locations. Position may involve exposure to potentially hazardous conditions (e.g., robbery).
Reports To: Director of Retail Banking
Supervises: Tellers, Personal Bankers, and/or Customer Service Manager if applicable (usually 4-6 full-time equated employees)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and project a professional image when giving and taking information in writing, in person and over the phone.
- Solid word processing and computer database skills.
- Ability to navigate and learn new computer systems and websites.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work with individuals and groups at all organization levels; ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks; good time-management, organizational, problem-prevention and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of banking rules, regulations, laws and all policies and procedures pertaining to them including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act.
- Thorough knowledge of branch operations to coordinate daily branch functions and resolve employee and customer problems.
- Complete familiarity of the Bank’s savings, checking and lending policies and guidelines, as well as specific loan programs, qualifications, insurance, etc., to provide full savings and loan services.
- Strong analytical ability with active listening skills.
- Ability to work accurately with close attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to study and apply new information.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent with additional business-related training.
- At least five (5) years of progressively responsible experience within a financial organization to gain necessary experience and background knowledge to manage a full-service branch and deal effectively with employee and customer relations matters.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be bondable.
- Comprehensive employee benefits, including medical, dental, vision, LTD, and life insurance, HSA contribution
- Paid vacation, sick, plus federal holidays
- 401k with employer match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee stock/profit sharing plan