Responsible for developing new business and maintaining profitable banking relationships with
the business customers and referral sources to achieve Commercial/Small Business
Administration lending goals.
1. Under limited supervision, develops new referral sources and new business prospects through outside calls, direct mail and sales presentations.
2. Maintains existing client and referral source relationships by mail, telephone and in person.
3. Develops and implements marketing plans for expanding business client base. Identifies potential customer opportunities, sell services offered by the bank and implement specific calling programs.
4. Structures SBA loans to business customers by conducting interviews, analyzing financial status and working with credit staff to complete the approval process.
5. Exercises sound credit judgment while performing tasks necessary to structure business loans.
6. Actively cross-sells additional business products such as loans and cash management products.
7. Develops and maintains relationship with bank partners to maximize sales opportunities.
8. Responsible for meeting loan volume goals.
9. Establishing relationships with business brokers, loan brokers, CPAs, real estate agents and other referral sources to market SBA loans.
10. Obtain necessary documents and prescreen potential clients.
11. Assist in payment collection and liquidation activity.
12. Assist in executing closing loan documentation.
13. Ensure SBA Department complies with regulatory requirements including Bank Secrecy Act - Anti Money Laundering, OFAC, USA Patriot Act, Privacy Act, and Community Reinvestment Act.
14. Participate in community affairs to enhance the bank's CRA activities and to improve bank's image.
15. Accountable for developing strong business community relations.
16. Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Minimum B.A. in a related field of study (Finance, Accountability, Business Administration), or equivalent relevant experience.
• SBA SOP knowledge preferred.
• Strong knowledge of financial services.
• Outstanding communication and relationship management skills.
• Skilled proactive problem solver.
• Minimum of 2 years SBA lending experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to generate sales utilizing productive marketing techniques.
• Strong knowledge of SBA eligibility and credit criteria.
• Advanced computer proficiency.
• Ability to travel, work flexible schedules, and cover different locations if requested.
• Ability to generate new Commercial/SBA loans.
• Excellent credit and financial analysis skills.