Relationship Manager III
This role has the opportunity to work hybrid. During the interview process, our Talent Acquisition Team will share additional details with you.
The Relationship Manager is responsible for developing and managing commercial banking relationships to maximize profitability to the bank with acceptable risk; through relationship management, credit management, and business development.
The Relationship Manager is responsible for growing and retaining profitable relationships within the Middle Market Banking target space in Colorado (companies with revenues between $20 and $500 million).
- Manages the largest and most complex middle market relationships in the bank, requiring significant in-depth analysis
- Deliver meaningful, sustainable value to customers by anticipating needs and expectations and providing appropriate value-add solutions
- Ensures integrity and timeliness of customer information, documentation, and data
- Ensures each relationship is profitable and represents appropriate risk
- Acts as subject matter expert to provide guidance and support to junior staff regarding customer questions and issues
- Mentors junior staff and helps to manage workflow within the tea
- For new loan requests, assess borrower credit-worthiness in accordance with credit policy
- Present loan opportunities to the appropriate credit approvers that include analysis and structure that are well articulated and well-reasoned
- Ensure that loans are documented in accordance with credit approvals
- Manage enterprise risk for products and services, including depository services and treasury management products as well as fraudulent activity
- Maintain expert knowledge of commercial banking products & services
- Independently, consistently, and aggressively pursue an active calling effort in order to maintain an extensive pipeline of new business opportunities
- Assist less experienced Relationship Managers by providing insight and recommendations regarding marketing and deal flow management
- Provide existing and prospective customers with appropriate financial services and advice
- Lead community visibility and involvement through active and strategic relationships with centers of influence and organizations.
- Source and maintain a pipeline of business leaders and prospects
- Minimum of 5 years in the Denver/Greater Colorado market with a track record of business development
- Bachelor’s degree
- Formal credit training strongly preferred
- Minimum 15 years of experience in total commercial lending experience, including time as a credit analyst, underwriting specialist or portfolio manager, or relationship manager.
- Minimum 10 years of experience as a middle market relationship manager
- Expert understanding of treasury management services and other banking products such as foreign exchange, interest rate derivatives, merchant card products, etc.
Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities
- Expert accounting & finance knowledge
- Exceptional technical skills
- Expert knowledge of laws and regulations, and compliance related to commercial lending
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate on behalf of the bank and borrower while appropriately balancing risk and shareholder value
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills, as well as analytic and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and demonstrate flexibility as business dictates
- Ability & willingness to investigate, resolve, and recommend process improvement opportunities
- Ability to effectively plan, manage, and delegate to others
In accordance with Colorado law: Colorado pay for this position is anticipated to be between $102,000.00 - $188,000.00 annually, actual offers to be determined based on applicant’s skills, experience and education.