Structural BIM Designer II
My clients original practice area was Structural Engineering in Raleigh. The group has over 25 years of experience providing high quality structural engineering services. We design a wide variety of buildings including multifamily residential, commercial, mixed use, K-12, higher education and many more. We also do high rise projects which have exceeded 30 stories tall. We recently completed the NCAT Student Union project which won a National Structural Engineering Award for our design.
Stewart offers an exciting and diverse culture focused on both personal and professional development. We get excited about each individual on our team as we look to leverage their skill set, interests, and experience. If you are ready to soar to new heights and would like to join our collaborative creative and innovative team...we should talk!
In this exciting role, you will be working with a team to bring high quality design to life. You will use REVIT software to model building projects of all types and sizes. This position will involve drawing building designs working on awesome projects with the best clients. You will be responsible for the modeling and drawing the building’s structural and foundation systems under direct supervision of engineers. As a BIM Designer, you will need to have good written and communication skills as you will be coordinating and collaborating with a variety of professionals. You will coordinate drawings with architects and other consultants and will interface and communicate with clients. You will be involved with the project all through design and construction.
- Intermediate experience with REVIT Software.
- Minimum of 4-10 years drawing/modeling building structural systems.
- Commitment to collaborative design process in project development.
- Ability to visualize projects through both hand and digital graphic techniques.
- Exercise sound judgement and possess skills to defend decisions and methodologies used to arrive at chosen solution or decision.
- Thorough knowledge of civil engineering principles and methods related to site development activities.
- Proficient skill and experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D and other site design and modeling software.
- Demonstrated writing, communication, and drawing skills.
- Ability to manage tasks and maintain project schedules.
- Driver’s license preferred.
- Believe Trust, Humility, Respect, Excellence, Accountability, and Discipline are important values to embrace and live out.
- Embrace diversity of thought, contributing new ideas and perspectives while also respecting different points of view.
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for an employment-based visa.