ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
1. Assess the requirements of a project, break a project into tasks and work with the design team to determine scope, budget, and staffing.
2. Write scopes of work for electrical design based on preliminary review and meetings with the client.
3. Prepare engineering studies and schematic design for new systems and analyze operation of existing systems.
4. Present complex engineering analysis clearly and effectively to owner and design teams.
5. Document existing conditions and perform complex and detailed troubleshooting. Resolve a variety of complex problems, i.e., conflicting design requirements, code issues, varying design options, and difficult condition requirements.
6. Research non-routine code issues and obtain interpretations from code officials.
7. Produce sketches and system schematics for complicated design tasks such as layout of electrical rooms.
8. Prepare engineering opinion of probable cost for electrical systems and review contractor cost estimates.
9. Make calculations using engineering formulas and skills for electrical designs such as whole building electrical loads, lighting calculations, power distribution calculations, equipment sizing, editing specification sections, and creating punch lists.
10. Prepare addendum and change orders. Initiate additional service requests for submittal to client.
11. Review drawings and documents to assure compliance with company design and production standards. Assure that drawings and designs are in accordance with design standards.
12. Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of construction processes and delivery methods.
13. Assist in the education and development of design staff and act as a resource for questions.
- BS or MS degree in electrical engineering
- 8-12 years of experience in the design of lighting, power, and communications systems for healthcare, commercial and/or educational project types
- Professional licensure, or the ability to obtain licensure, is required
- Documented experience with a consulting engineering firm or A/E firm providing electrical design
- Knowledge of current technology applicable to IES, IECC, LEED and ASHRAE requirements and all applicable codes (city, state, federal) as well as knowledge of National Fire Protection Association/California Electrical Code (NFPA/NEC) Standards are essential
- Proficiency with Revit software, as well as excellent skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with electrical analysis software (i.e., SKM, Easy Power) and knowledge of the current sustainable technologies applicable to the design of commercial electrical systems
- Title 24 experience
- HCAi experience preferred