A leading architectural, engineering and planning firm seeking a talented, design-sensitive, ambitious structural engineer with good people skills and lots of energy to join our Minneapolis office. In this position you will collaborate with and be an integral part of project teams that strive to provide innovative solutions for the unique challenges of each project. Typical assignments include reviewing applicable codes, performing structural analysis and calculations, developing construction drawings and details, assembling projects specifications, reviewing shop drawings and performing construction administration activities.
We work to foster an environment where diversity of thought, background and experience creates new energy. Through your curiosity, tenacity, creativity and unique insights you can make an impact every day. That impact is felt by your colleagues, by our clients, and by those who inhabit the spaces we create.
We are committed to meeting our clients’ sustainability goals as well as challenging our industry. We aim to develop the expertise and research to push beyond net zero energy to net positive energy and to embodied carbon reductions in our structures through our participation in the SE2050 challenge. As the need and desire for sustainable environments grow, so does the focus on high-performance buildings with sound data that we can share back with our clients and our design teams.
We are both team-oriented and employee-friendly, and social activities are integrated into our office culture. We offer challenge, recognition and personal visibility with an opportunity to be part of some great projects.
- Serve as a structural project engineer, collaborating with the design team and construction team on a regular basis
- Be organized, self-starter with the ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities and management styles
- Strong collaborator with the ability to work in a team environment to find the best solutions for each individual project
- Proactive, self-starter with excellent verbal, written and communication skills
- Perform structural analysis, design and detailing of various building framing and foundation systems, in a variety of material types
- Develop construction drawings and details
- Review shop drawings and submittals and provide support during the construction administration phase of the project
- Collaborate with others in the office and across the company to address structural engineering needs
- Collaborate with architecture to benchmark embodied carbon, identify realistic reduction targets and strategies to achieve them
- Minimum BS Degree in Civil / Structural engineering, MS Preferred
- At least 5 years of experience in the design and analysis of steel, concrete, masonry and wood building structures for healthcare, corporate, commercial and/or educational project types
- Professional licensure or EIT leading to professional licensure
- Knowledge of building codes, design & construction standards, and efficient construction techniques for a variety of material types
- Excellent planning and organizational skills for our fast-paced environment
- Highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
- Experience with a variety of structural analysis software packages and proficiency using Revit is helpful
- Strong communication skills
- A passion for high quality design
The pay range listed aligns to the geography of the office for which this position is posted. Actual compensation will be based upon work experience, education, licensure requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time of offer. Individuals in this role working more than 24 hours a week on a regular basis are eligible to participate in our robust benefit programs which include an annual bonus and success sharing bonus program, 401(k) guaranteed contribution, paid parental leave, medical, dental and life insurance plans as well as PTO and short- and long-term disability programs. Salary Range: ($65,100 - $91,100)