Our firm is seeking a qualified individual to help contribute to the expansion of the firm and be a part of the voice in the market. The ideal candidate would be a professional that is a registered Architect or has the ability to be registered. The focus of the firm is in higher education, corporate headquarters, commercial, adaptive/ historic reuse and municipal projects. Potential candidates should have 3+ years of experience in similar architectural projects, and strong computer aptitude and technical skills, including the knowledge of Revit, Sketchup, Photoshop and Microsoft Office Suite. Our successful candidate will be responsible for strengthening relationships with current and new clients in the region, have the opportunity to work with other talented, entrepreneurial minded people, share a collaborative environment and work with a diverse client list.
Many of our projects have short timeframes for production, therefore candidates must be self-motivated, able to succeed in a fast-paced office environment and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Responsible for preparing presentation materials such as conceptual drawings, 3D renderings and visualization and digital 3D models.
- Develop and modify design and technical solutions throughout all phases of a project.
- Participate and contribute to design discussions, idea generation, and design work in drawing, model and 3D image formats.
- Work closely with team members and assist to complete projects on aggressive schedules by meeting deadlines within expected time and budget constraints.
- Generate revisions and corrections from outline mock-ups, redlined drawings and project document sets.
- Attend client meetings to observe the overall process and develop presentation skills.
- Participate in construction site visits to better understand the construction process.
- Recognize and document conflicts that arise during construction and offer alternatives to resolve these issues.
Requirements of the Applicant:
- Professional degree in Architecture
- 3+ years architectural experience
- The ability to be register in North Carolina and/or South Carolina
- Demonstrated leadership with project teams, including the ability to train other employees
- Experience with guiding a project through programming
- Experience working with other architects to create spaces in a collaborative way
- Knowledge of building codes
- Proven fiscal accountability and responsibility on past projects
- Good communication and time management skills
- Ability to handle difficult situations with tact and poise
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Strong knowledge of Revit, Photoshop, InDesign and Microsoft Office Suite.
Benefits and Perks:
We offer competitive salaries and a benefit package which includes medical, dental, life insurance, paid holidays and paid time off. In addition to our dynamic work environment, we follow a 4 full day / 1 half day work schedule (four 9-hour days and a 4-hour day on Friday).