Our highly respected team of design professionals complemented by an exceptional staff of full-service surveying, offer effective and sustainable solutions for our clients’ land planning, permitting, stormwater, development and land management needs. We plan and design residential communities, retail shops, parks, educational buildings, industrial, manufacturing and commercial facilities that meet today’s needs in the context of tomorrow’s generations.
Designer, Land Development Job Description
- Provides technical and design services in support of Civil Engineering/Land Development design projects as part of a multi-discipline project team to produce design/construction drawings and specifications.
- Responsible for completing design tasks within budget and on schedule.
- Communicates with Project Managers, Sr. Engineers and design team to complete work efficiently.
- This position is responsible for the design and layout of engineering drawings.
- Secure permits from appropriate governmental/regulatory agencies.
- Produce drawings or sketches as required.
- Prepare quantities for cost estimating.
Designer, Land Development Job Required Experience
- 5 years of experience in CAD drafting.
- Vocational certificate or two-year degree in civil technology.
- Process-oriented individual with strong visual and technical skills as related to Civil Engineering/Land Development projects using AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Good technical skills required.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Methodical, precise and consistent but enjoys some variety in work schedule and can tolerate change.
- Enjoys working alone when required but can work effectively on a project team.
- Must be accomplished in computer-aided drafting, expert in certain design areas with a project.
- May or may not require a valid driver's license and an acceptable driving and criminal record.