Our portfolio is a reflection of our experience in many building sectors including Healthcare, K-12 Education, Higher Education, Financial, Municipal, Hospitality, Multi-Family, Recreation, Commercial, Worship, Residential and Industrial. With a staff equipped with a diverse skillset in Architecture, Interior Design, Project Management, FFE Coordination, Building Information Modeling (BIM), Environmental Graphics, and Construction Administration, we have positioned ourselves as an established design firm with national reach.
As a set of individuals with diverse talents, we come together to form a team that challenges itself creatively every day. Through thoughtful collaboration, respect, and mentorship we continue to build an engaging work environment and a company culture reflective of our values. We want you to bring your ideas and passion to the table and always encourage innovation that leads to creative solutions.
It is important to us as a firm to foster our team members’ growth through leadership training, professional certifications, continuing education, conference participation, and personalized mentorship to help along the way. Our staff celebrates seeing this growth within themselves, their peers, and the firm as a whole. This collaboration and encouragement of growth is a defining aspect of the understanding we have that our greatest asset is our employees.
About the Job: Project Manager
The Architectural Project Manager may oversee a variety of small, medium, or large projects with our office located in the U.S. Virgin Islands. We have projects of varying sizes and complexities, and new team members will be assigned to projects based on experience and ability. In this role, the Project Manager will act as the primary contact for our clients from the very beginning of the design phase through the end of construction. It is essential that the Project Manager ensures that the goal or intent of the design is achieved, fulfilling our client's expectations. This involves verifying the accuracy and completeness of all drawings and specifications as well as communicating with the contractors on the project.
The Project Manager will have full responsibility for managing all aspects of projects they are responsible for; will prepare strategic plans for project success; will be responsible for the coordination of all project efforts, both administrative and technical; will ensure the most efficient and cost-effective execution of assigned projects; will serve as the primary client liaison to bring the schedule, budget, and scope of work to completion and to the client’s satisfaction.
• Eight or more years of experience in all phases of architecture and engineering, including substantial and varied experience in project planning and design. Licensure preferred but not required. Professional degree in architecture from an accredited program.
• Residency in the US Virgin Islands is preferred.
• Stateside residency in or near Charleston, SC or Asheville, NC is a plus.
• If residency is not in the US Virgin Islands, Charleston or Asheville, ability to travel to our office in St. Thomas, USVI when project requires (on average quarterly basis).
• Strong Revit design and production skills and knowledge of processes is required.
• Experience on FEMA-funded projects is a plus.
• Experience in other federal government design project types and/or processes is a plus.
• Strong organizational and time management abilities, and attention to detail.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
• Ability to work as a team member to achieve high output levels.
• Self-directed; high energy level; high degree of personal initiative.
• Creates project designs and plans for all phases of projects and coordinates building design consultants while monitoring drawings.
• Initiates and creates project designs and plans of all phases of one or more projects and has responsibility for preparing presentation and design drawings. Coordinates all trades and agencies related to building design while monitoring drawings.
• Generally implement and ensure efficient and affective design and production processes as set by Studio Principal(s). Develop improvements in those processes.
• Provides oversight and monitoring of work of less experienced production staff to ensure design budgets, deadlines, and production quality standards are being met. May have as many as 3-5 production staff working on their team depending on experience level.
• Serves as primary liaison contact with clients to complete projects on schedule, within budget, and with maximum client satisfaction.
• Actively manages client budgets, schedules, and programs; budget and schedule; project communications and documentation; office administrative tasks; and project team assignments.
• Manages multiple projects, coordinates all aspects of assigned projects, administrative and technical, to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective execution of assigned projects and estimates scope of work.
• Coordinates all project efforts in order to ensure effective execution, prepares strategic plans, and serves as primary client liaison.
• Estimates scope of work and deliverables and oversees Project Architects / Architectural Staff Level II or lower on teams.
• Estimates fees, determines scope of work, and prepares proposals and contracts.
• Can be relied upon to present directly to the client on technical and design solutions.
• Participates in the conceptual design and provides full support through the entire project.
• Serves as a Subject Matter Expert on specialized systems.
• Develops and represents lead technical viewpoint on projects. Coordinates with Principal on appropriate technical solutions and product strategies.