Summary of Position
The Mechanical Designer will be responsible for mechanical and plumbing designs for various project types including, restaurants, commercial offices, multi-family, retail, and more.
Essential Job Functions
• Uses computer-assisted design/drafting (AutoCAD & Revit) software to develop designs
• Creates and revises both 2 and 3-dimensional design and construction drawings (Fire Protection, Plumbing, & Mechanical)
• Design heating, ventilation, air conditioning and various plumbing systems
• Construction experience in installation for systems noted above
• Must be able to run HVAC loads utilizing Carrier’s Hourly Analysis Program (HAP) or Trane’s Tracer program
• Understand mechanical and plumbing system design and applications. Can anticipate what systems are required for different project types
• Work with others for coordination of systems between other disciplines
• Associate Degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or minimum five years of industry-related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• A solid understanding of drafting techniques and familiarity with MEP systems utilized in most commercial buildings
• Knowledge of specification editing
• Possesses mechanical aptitude with the ability to complete basic mathematical calculations
• Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD MEP, Revit 2017-2021, and has familiarity with Microsoft applications: Excel, Outlook, and Word
Employees are given a competitive salary and a complete benefits package. Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance, life and disability insurance, pet insurance, a PTO bank to start, 401(k) plan, paid parental leave, profit sharing, and much more. More details regarding benefits can be provided during the interview process.