As an Electrical Engineer, you will provide engineering and consulting services to the client throughout the project’s lifecycle. From scoping the project with the client, through design, bidding, construction and commissioning, your work will include direct interfacing with the design team, owner’s team, and their technicians. At times you will find yourself investigating operational issues, conducting facility assessments, and assisting owners with training and operation of systems.
This position requires design and construction administration experience in the K-12, office, commercial, retail, data center, and municipal government markets. We are eager to meet candidates that possess strong leadership capabilities, excellent communication and critical thinking skills, and a commitment to respond to clients at the highest levels.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in the Electrical Engineering discipline
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in the K-12, office, commercial, retail, data center, municipal and government markets
- Proficiency in the latest versions of AutoCAD and Autodesk Revit
- EIT required
- Professional Engineers license in the state of Virginia, or the ability to become licensed immediately preferred
- LEED Accreditation preferred
- Leading the design of projects
- Preparing reports, cost estimating, specification development, performing calculations and selecting equipment for specification, and preparing construction documents for bidding
- Analysis, field investigation, and forensic investigation
- Representing Thompson Consulting Engineers in all communications with clients, architects, other subconsultants, contractors, and other project design team members
- Full time salaried position $73 - 110K based on experience and qualifications