Senior Electrical Engineer
We have immediate openings for qualified Senior Electrical Engineers. This position is to
serve as Senior Electrical Engineer on Elara’s Electrical Design Team which supports all of
the company’s product offerings with specific emphasis on performing conceptual design,
preparing engineering construction documentation and overseeing implementation for a
wide variety of projects.
• Candidate must have a minimum bachelor’s level degree in engineering or equivalent
• Candidate must live in the Chicagoland area or be willing to relocate.
• Candidate must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
• Candidate must be proficient in the use of AutoCAD 2016 or later.
• 10 or more years relevant professional experience is preferred.
• Familiarity with City of Chicago Code is preferred.
• Proficiency in Revit 2017 or later is a plus.
• PE Certification is a plus.
• Perform engineering evaluations and study reports with limited support from other
• Oversee 1 or more electrical engineers working across multiple projects and markets
• Prepare electrical construction estimated budgets.
• Provide engineering support to developing engineers.
• Perform site visits to obtain necessary information and verify as-built conditions.
• Oversee and review electrical load and photometric calculations prepared by others.
• Perform equipment selections and layouts working with local equipment reps and
• Oversee, edit, and review drawings conforming with Elara drawing standards utilizing
AutoCAD or Revit. Includes both creation of markups for production by others and
working directly in the software as needed.
• Design power, lighting, emergency lighting and fire alarm system layout and sizing
supported by Elara CAD/BIM Team and dedicated support engineer as necessary.
• Perform coordination with other disciplines for project specific information.
• Perform code reviews (City of Chicago, International and local codes).
• Prepare project specifications (drawing and book type).
• Manage project documentation.
• Attend project meetings and site visits.
• Perform QA/QC reviews for the electrical portion of projects.
• Prepare bid documentation.
• Respond to requests for submittals, Contractor RFI’s and Change Orders.
• Perform site reviews during construction.
• Prepare and submit punch-lists for project closeout.
Note: Travel outside the Chicagoland area is rarely required.