Our client, a packaging solutions organization located in the Metro Detroit area, has a proven legacy of stability and success. With a commitment to quality and customer service the company strives to continue serving its customers at a high level. Our organization prides ourselves on our strong company culture and relationship focused team.
The Quality Control Coordinator Position
The Quality Control Coordinator is the first point of contact for customer quality issues, and manages quality audits, and any third- party sorters. They will provide leadership for the organization in seeking root cause solutions and continuous improvement actions. Ensuring our customers’ quality needs are met and expectations are professionally managed within commercial and technical realities.
Ensuring the Company’s customers’ quality needs are met and expectations are professionally managed within commercial and technical realities are essential functions of the position. Strong candidates will have a passion for customer service, along with the aptitude to analyze quality trends, data and processes.
Desired Experience, Skill, and Abilities for the Quality Control Coordinator
· Bachelor’s degree in technical field or equivalent required
· Extensive quality assurance or manufacturing work experience
· Experience managing Quality Management Systems
· 10 or more years’ experience with plastics and/or packaging or other high-speed, high-volume conversion processes in the production environment is preferred
· Preferred Professional certifications - CQE, CQM OE, Lean Six Sigma, certified Six Sigma Blackbelt
· Manufacturing or Distributor experience
· Reading, interpreting and qualifying product to engineering drawings
Compensation, Benefits, and Structure for the Quality Control Coordinator
The position is full-time and permanent, with a competitive salary structure based on skills and experience, and a competitive bonus structure based on personal and company performance. In addition, the Company offers Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, and 401K.
The Recruitment Process for the Quality Control Coordinator
The recruitment process includes a combination of phone screens and in-person interviews, candidate assessments and a pre-employment background check & drug test.
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer!