Our Client, Midwest Steel, is the nation’s leading Structural Steel contractor with a history of stability and success building projects in a variety of industries nationwide. The Company is headquartered in Detroit, MI and is involved in the construction of complex distribution centers and structures across the country. Some of the customers served by Midwest Steel include Fastenal, Nestle, H.E.B. Grocery, Peterbilt and First Quality.
The Project Engineer Co-Op Position
The Company is looking for an aspiring Project Engineer Co-Op / Intern to join their growing team. Ideal candidates for this position would be working towards a bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management. However, we are willing to look at candidates in a general education program. This position offers someone with interest in the construction industry an opportunity to gain hands-on experience.
The Project Engineer Co-Op / Intern position will be full time during summer break and part-time during the school year, with flexibility. This position has the potential to eventually become a full-time, permanent position, depending upon the individual’s success with the Company and in the position. The objective of the Company’s internship program is to develop Interns into construction professionals for permanent hire upon graduation.
Qualities of a Successful Intern Include:
· Flexibility and willingness to work in any conditions and on a variety of projects
· Desire to gain hands-on experience and potentially grow with a stable company
· Progression toward a bachelor’s degree
· Ability to problem solve communicate effectively
· Hard-working and dependable
· Capability to problem solve and communicate effectively
Typical Internship Components:
· Manage document control, RFI’s and submittals
· Schedule updates
· Subcontractor review and management
· Coordination of material suppliers, and more
The Recruiting Process
The recruitment process is designed to be a thorough, two-way evaluation to ensure that the best decision is made by both the Company and the candidate. The process will include a phone interview, in-person interviews, candidate assessments, and a pre-employment background check and drug test.
Midwest Steel Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer!