Kevin M. McCarthy, CPA, PC is an established accounting firm with over ten successful years in business! Based in Howell, the company has a client base ranging from small to medium sized businesses who are located both locally and throughout the United States! The company has a strong relationship focused environment and client first approach that has propelled their growth over the years.
The Staff Accountant Position:
The Company is hiring a new Staff Accountant to support the continued growth of the organization. This role is pivotal to support client’s efforts to implement and follow sound financial processes and procedures. This is a Jane/Jack-of-all-Trades role that requires a strong attention to detail and a willingness to pitch in wherever help is needed!
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Enter in payables and receivables
- Reconciliation of accounts
- Financial statement review and reporting
- General ledger maintenance
- Month end closings
- General administrative tasks
- Communication with clients and 3rd party accounting firms
Preferred Experience, Skills and Abilities for the Bookkeeper:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business is preferred
- At least 3+ years of bookkeeping experience
- Proficiency in QuickBooks (Online and Desktop) and Microsoft Suite
- Familiarity with UltraTax is preferred, but not required
- High attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with an adaptable and flexible style in working with all types of individuals
Compensation & Benefits for the Staff Accountant:
The position is a full-time and permanent position. Rewards for this position include competitive compensation, health insurance, retirement plan, and ample room for growth within a strong team-based environment.
The Recruiting Process for the Staff Accountant:
The recruiting process is designed to ensure that we make the right hire for this critical position and will include a combination of phone and in-person interviews, candidate assessments and a pre-employment background check.
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer!