MJS Packaging is headquartered in Livonia, Michigan and specializes in providing packaging solutions, spray bottles, and our own line of travel products and accessories. With over 136 years’ leading the packaging industry, MJS Packaging is well established and prides itself on the exceptional customer service and value it provides to its diverse group of customers.
The Inside Sales Customer Service position is responsible for providing exceptional customer service and effectively supports clients by providing and processing information in response to questions, concerns and requests about products and services. This includes the growth and satisfaction of current customers as well as working with potential and targeted prospects. The Inside Sales Customer Service is a reliable and responsive point of contact for our Customers, Outside Sales Team, and Suppliers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Order placement and tracking, scheduling, quoting, invoicing, and troubleshooting
· Process, review, and maintain orders and act as a liaison between internal and external customers
· Build and maintain strong relationships with customer and suppliers
· Problem-solve to find creative solutions to customer inquiries
· Source product, negotiate pricing, and expedite orders to ensure on-time delivery
· Handling of Certificates of Compliance and Material and Product Specifications
· Answering inbound phone calls and qualify initial inquiries
· Coordination and follow-up of sampling to customers and prospects
· Manage Leads and Opportunities within CRM
· Conduct follow-up guidelines on supplier acknowledgments, Supplier PO’s, customer quotes and samples
· Manage all internal aspects of customer accounts and coordinate with Customers, Sales, Marketing and Purchasing to understand current and upcoming projects
· Identify, monitor, and resolve potential customer complaints solving both short and long-term solutions including the processing of debits/credits and RMA’s
· Review customer invoices as needed and required by customers
· Support Outside Sales function to ensure increase in gross profit year over year
· Manage logistics for customers as required including inbound, outbound, 3rd party freight, expedites and leading the processing of freight claims on effected shipments
· Provide timely approval of storage and freight invoices for payment
· Conduct forecasting activities for customers
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Preferably a bachelor’s degree with 2+ years’ experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience High School diploma or equivalent
· 3+ years’ experience in customer service
· Inbound call experience, strong follow-up skills, attention to detail, and time management
· Exceptional focus on customer service while being friendly, courteous, and helpful
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office including, Outlook, Word, Excel
· Capacity to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
· Effective individual contributor with the ability to successfully work within a team.
· Strong administrative and data management skills.
· Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal, relationship building, and listening skills
· Strong business acumen
· Good mechanical aptitude with the ability to quickly grasp technical information.
· Outside/inside sales experience preferred
· Purchasing, Logistics, Supply Chain, and/or Production Planning experience preferred
· Prior experience working for a distributor is a plus
Compensation, Benefits, and Structure
The Operations Manager position is full-time and permanent, with a competitive salary structure based on skills and experience and an incentive compensation structure based on division and company performance. MJS Packaging provides Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, a retirement plan, paid time-off, development opportunities, and a strong company culture!
The Recruitment Process
The recruitment process is designed to be a thorough, two-way evaluation to ensure that the best decision is made by both MJS Packaging and the candidate. Given this, multiple steps are required, including a phone interview, in-person interviews, candidate assessments, and a pre-employment background check and drug test.
MJS Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer!