My client is a national engineering firm, is currently seeking an Electrical Design Engineer with proven experience designing electrical systems in the education, public safety, hospitality and/or healthcare market sectors using software such as AutoCAD and Revit.
The Electrical Design Engineer will work as part of the Buildings Electrical design team in all facets of commercial building engineering. The Electrical Designer is responsible for:
- Power distribution, including riser diagrams and panel schedules.
- Low voltage infrastructure design for IT and security systems.
- Lighting design, including fixture selection and controls, and lighting calculations.
- Low-voltage systems including fire alarm, security and controls.
- Calculate loads, fault current, and voltage drop.
- Performing field surveys and construction phase support.
- BS Electrical Engineering Degree from accredited college or university.
- Minimum of 2+ years electrical building systems design experience.
- Experience with AutoCAD, Revit and Microsoft Office software.
- Engineer-In-Training (EIT) or Engineer Intern (EI) certification.
- Experience in power distribution and low-voltage systems.
- Knowledge of National Electrical Code (NEC) and standard industry design practices.
- Strong teamwork, communications, and client relationship skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, team-oriented environment.
- Strong work ethic and solid organizational skills.