Located in Lyon Township, MI, SW North America is a technology focused company that supplies solutions for demanding, workpiece-specific manufacturing systems for the metal working industry. SWNA’s equipment is used worldwide, particularly in the automotive and aerospace industries, in hydraulics and pneumatics manufacturing, and in many other emerging fields and markets.
The Automation Technician Position
SW North America delivers demanding, work piece-specific manufacturing systems for the metal working industry worldwide. Our most defining characteristic is our impressive range of 2- and 4- spindle horizontal machining centers and our automation solutions. The Automation Technician will layout and install, electrical wiring, pneumatics, and control equipment in control cabinets and automation systems according to assembly prints and wiring diagrams.
The Automation Technician performs a variety of duties, including, but not limited to:
• Read and interpret electrical drawings, layouts, and specifications for system installations
• Plan the assembly and the installation of control components and field devices
• Wire 460VAC power distribution
• Wire proximity switches and photo eyes back to field I/O blocks
• Assist with mounting of field devices, I/O blocks and wireway
• Adjust switches as necessary
• Plumb from valve manifold to cylinders
• Terminate interface and high voltage cables in main panel
• Run ethernet / fieldbus cables
• Support mechanical build as required
• Troubleshoot safety circuits
• Operate forklifts, cranes, and other material handling equipment.
Why Work for SW North America
The Automation Technician will be able to work in the Company’s new state-of-the-art building and be directly involved in the Company’s success and growth. The Company actively invests in its employees by providing training and development opportunities, team-building events and a positive work environment.
Targeted Experience, Skills, and Abilities
· Post-secondary diploma, degree, or certificate of qualification in electrical work.
· 5+ years of experience in electrical work, with machine building experience.
· Ability to read and interpret electrical drawings, layouts, sketches, and specifications for laying out electrical installation.
· Ability to make calculations in English and metric measurements.
· Willingness and ability to travel 25% for automation installations.
· Strong technical and mathematical skills
· Ability to read, write, and speak English
· German speaking ability preferred, but not required Work Environment & Physical Requirements
· Primary work area is an industrial work environment, requiring the ability to stand for extended periods of time
· The ability to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis is required
Compensation, Benefits, and Structure
The position is full-time and permanent, with a competitive salary based on skills and experience. In addition, the Company offers 100% employer paid Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, a 401K with a Company match and immediate vesting, paid time off, ongoing career development and training, and a team-based work environment.
The Recruitment Process
The recruiting process is designed to ensure that we make the right hire for this critical position and will include a combination of phone and in-person interviews, candidate assessments, a pre-employment background check and drug test.
SW North America is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer!