Immediate opening for a Project Manager for our Mechanical Engineering Department with HVAC design experience in a fast-growing MEP and Energy Department in multidisciplinary, multi-state engineering firm. The position is based off our Warren, NJ office with work assignments in New Jersey, New York City, and D.C. Metro area. Frequent travel to our New York City office and occasional travel to our offices in Philadelphia and Rockville, Maryland will be required to support mechanical related projects. Self-starter with the ability to set and achieve goals with minimum supervision. Future growth opportunities, throughout department and regional offices.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Works closely with teams to understand the scope of work, budget, goals, deliverables, and timeline to ensure project success.
- Conducts on-site inspections and documents existing mechanical, plumbing, fire protection, and electrical system conditions and performs field testing, field measurements, photographing, the creation of hand sketches and to observe work in progress.
- Preparation of written correspondence with clients, attorneys, contractors etc.
- Prepares reports and bid documents, including drawings and technical specifications.
- Preparation of construction cost estimates.
- Preparation of design and construction documents.
- Performs air conditioning and heating load calculations.
- Design of mechanical HVAC systems (Boiler plant & Chiller plant).
- Duct-work sizing and layout.
- Pumping and piping system design and layout.
- Mechanical HVAC equipment selections.
- Knowledge of local and state building codes, and ability to apply to work.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in Mechanical Engineering is preferred.
- 1+ years’ minimum experience in MEP/Energy consulting and design engineering services environment and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1+ years’ experience as EPA portfolio manager and energy benchmarking or performing preliminary energy audits, utility analysis, and energy benchmarking of buildings 25,000 SF or larger.
Licenses and Certifications
- OSHA 10-hour certified preferred.
- Must have or be able to obtain an unrestricted valid Driver’s License.
- Understanding of building architectural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and fire protection systems.
- Familiarity with building codes and industry reference standards– IBC, IMC, IECC, IFGC, IPC, NFPA, ASHRAE 90.1, and NEC.
- Experience performing computer generated HVAC load calculations.
- Experience with the EPA’s Portfolio Manager Benchmarking Tool.
- Familiarity with NYC, Philadelphia, and Washington DC Benchmarking Requirements and process
- Commercial and Residential Project Experience.
- Ability to perform calculations, equipment selections, equipment specifications, system design, system layout.
- In-depth knowledge of AutoCAD (version 2014 or better), MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with clients and contractors.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with clients and colleagues.
- Ability to work in the field and to travel outside local areas as workload and projects require.
- Ability to manage time and within project budgets.
- Ability to:
- Lift/ Carry up to 40 lbs. (ladders, hammers, harness equipment, etc.).
- Safely work at heights.
- Work on suspended scaffolding on the exterior of the building high above ground (secured and protected).
- Safely use and/or operate ladders, lifts and other access equipment.
We offer competitive salaries, professional work environments and a comprehensive benefits package. Benefits include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage, where we pay a portion of the premiums.
- Supplement Insurance Options- Life, AD&D, Legal Plan, Pet Insurance, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity and Accident Plans.
- Fully Company funded Short-Term & Long-Term Disability benefits.
- 401K- A retirement program where we provide a match up to 3%.
- We offer Paid Holidays, Paid sick time and Vacation days.
- Employee Referral Program.
- Employee Recognition Program.
- Continuing Education Reimbursement.
- Professional Licensing Assistance.
- Jury Duty Leave.
- Maternity/Paternity Leave.
- Mobile Phone Reimbursement/ discounts.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Workers Compensation.
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Veterans/ Disabled