The Mechanical Engineer will be an integral part of the design team, working in a professional and collaborative design environment with Owners, D/B Managers, Contractors, Prime and Subconsultants.
This person will be responsible for coordinating mechanical building systems with architectural design and field experience providing construction administration services. Handle multiple tasks simultaneously while demonstrating leadership by implementing new concepts, technology, and designs.
Duties Include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor engineering costs, product costs, and schedule of assigned jobs or projects.
- Provide assessments of facility conditions, review HVAC, plumbing and control system designs for smart buildings, review specifications, inspect and troubleshoot HVAC systems and controls, perform commissioning and provide mechanical design engineering.
- Create mechanical design calculations, specifications, and drawings for projects. Conduct field surveys to assess condition of existing equipment.
Handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university
- Minimum 3+ years' mechanical design experience
- Engineer in Training (EIT) or Registered Professional Engineer (P.E.)
- Experience in the design of HVAC and control systems
- Skilled in the creation of detailed designs of a new system or integration design in an existing structure
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD, BIM/Revit
- Must possess strong organizational skills
- Strong verbal presentation and communication skills