Grand Rapids, MI, Novi, MI, or Cincinnati, OH
My client has an exciting opportunity for a creative and forward thinking BIM/CAD Technician/Specialist in our Grand Rapids, MI; Novi, MI; or Cincinnati, OH office. This position requires self-motivation, commitment to high-quality work performance, excellent planning and communication skills, and the ability to work with other staff in a project team environment.
- Work closely with electrical engineering department staff to provide BIM/Revit/CAD designs in support of project/client needs.
- Work closely with production and engineering groups to ensure accurate and efficient work to meet timelines and quality standards
- Utilize Revit and occasionally AutoCAD to produce drawings for buildings such as commercial, retail, medical, higher education, and municipal facilities.
- Assist others, as necessary, to maintain and update department standards, details, and associated graphics related to BIM/Revit and AutoCAD.
- Participate, test, and support software upgrades and associated processes.
- Continue to refine personal and professional skill sets with advancing technologies.
Minimum Physical Requirements
Will be exposed to occasional lifting and carrying. Will have normal office working conditions and be required to sit and use a computer. Capable of traveling to and maneuvering around project sites for attending client and project meetings and site observations. Able to use various technical equipment for communication and documentation. Visual acuity is necessary to perform responsibilities.
Associates Degree or Equivalent Experience
Technical course work including Revit and/or AutoCAD products, or Equivalent Experience
- 3+ years relevant experience in operating Revit/BIM and AutoCAD.
- Interest in design and coordinating with multiple departments to complete multidiscipline projects.
- Familiarity with creating Revit families and symbology.
- Experience with Revit customization tools is a plus.
- Strong organizational, planning, reporting, and communication skills.
- Knowledge of the Architectural/Engineering (A/E) consulting business.
What We Offer
- Competitive pay.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Reimbursement for tuition, continuing education, and professional/personal development.
- Vacation and sick time, volunteer PTO, parental leave, and paid holidays.
- 401(k), profit-sharing, and stock options (we’re 100% employee-owned).