Project Manager - Residential & Commercial Land Development
- 428 Eastwood Rd, Wilmington, NC 28403, USA
We are currently seeking experienced Land Development Project Manager candidates for positions with our Residential and Commercial Land Development groups in our Wilmington, NC office.
Our commercial team focuses on retail and commercial projects, multi-family projects including mixed use developments & market rate apartment communities, and we also work on large scale industrial and distribution projects. Our residential team focuses on residential neighborhood design.
We assist our clients with zoning entitlements, civil site plan approvals, and construction administration support. Our project engineers will typically work in a team of 2-3 design engineers and a project manager to bring our client’s vision to life. The complexity and fast paced nature of our client’s needs creates a dynamic environment for our team members and fosters a culture of teamwork, diverse training opportunities, and builds a sense of ownership in the successful outcome of the project.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- Design portions of a project using relevant office software, modeling and Civil 3D technology
- Complete calculations using engineering formulas and skills and/or utilizes computers in order to solve problems
- Prepare specifications materials through the use of research and manufacturing catalogs to specify materials, installation, inspection and payment of items specific to a project
- Work to complete design details and plan sets
- Assist in the preparation of engineering and construction cost estimates
- Communicate with client, staff and internal design team
Skills/Requirements of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- A bachelor's or master's degree in Civil Engineering, or closely related degree, and professional registration (P.E.) in North Carolina, and/or one or more states in which Timmons Group conducts business
- 6 to 10 years of experience in civil engineering related to land development engineering
- Must have a thorough understanding of project accounting and demonstrated ability to manage the schedule and budget for multiple projects at the same time
- Proven experience in client management, relationships and contract acquisition
- Has experience in marketing and supervision of the technical work of others
- Has working knowledge of CADD and or civil 3D software. (Civil 3D preferred), and office support software required to perform the essential functions of the position
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to operate a motor vehicle