Energy Modeler & Energy Analyst
My client is:
Located a block from the beach, we are a 15-year-old high-performance building and sustainability consultancy company. Confidential specializes in energy-efficient building consulting, energy modeling and building commissioning. One of the leaders in high-performance real estate in Los Angeles, our roots extend to the early days of the sustainable building movement. We are a small, mission-driven company that provides benefits comparable to those of a larger company. Our unique culture is fun but professional. Based in a creative office space, we are focused on transforming the built environment. Our portfolio of projects includes some of the largest and most successful developers in the west.
My client is seeking a full time Energy Modeler with experience in the sustainable, high-performance buildings to conduct building performance analysis and produce reports. The ideal candidate will have a technical background in Engineering, Building Sciences, Architecture or similar and a minimum of 2 years professional experience in the green building/design sector.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Set up and run whole-building energy models using Energy Pro, IES, eQuest, etc.
• Conduct energy modeling for LEED v4 projects and review LEED credit documentation related to energy performance for compliance with standards.
• Review of mechanical drawings and mechanical equipment submittals, electrical drawings and/ or architectural drawings and specifications.
• Evaluate energy conservation measures including envelope performance improvements, HVAC, lighting controls, domestic hot water, central plants, renewable energy systems, etc.
• Perform calculations of potential energy savings opportunities.
• Communicate in graphic and/or written form the inputs, methodology, and key findings and recommendations from the energy analysis.
• Design and model net zero buildings and help support clients on a range of decarbonization and carbon neutral strategies.
• Bachelor’s Degree: Engineering, Environmental Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Engineering Technology, or other related fields
• Minimum 2 years of experience conducting energy models.
• Experience with energy simulation software such as Energy Pro, IES, eQuest, etc
• Experience conducting detailed whole-building energy modeling for LEED projects.
• Experience with codes and standards including ASHRAE 90.1 and Title 24 Part 6.
• Knowledge of high-performance building principles and technologies.
• Work experience in the high-performance sustainable design sector.
• Knowledge of sustainability certifications such as LEED and Living Building Challenge.
• Ability to communicate problems clearly and simply to clients, engineers, architects, and internal team members.
• Excellent written, graphical, and verbal communication skills.
• Strong problem solving, analytical and research skills.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
• Master’s Degree: Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Energy Field other related fields
• Engineer-in-Training (EIT) or Professional Engineer (PE)
• Salary commensurate with role and experience
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• 3% to 401K, plus profit sharing
• Project bonuses
• Paid Time Off: vacation, sick, holidays, and volunteering
• 9/80 work schedule
• Opportunity to telecommute