The Civil Engineering Associate (EA) I & II is an entry-level position up through 4 years of professional work experience. The EA Performs assignments designed to develop professional work knowledge and abilities, requiring the application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks. Limited exercise of judgment is required on details of work and in making preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives.
1. Learning what constitutes good engineering practice and applying it to his/her work.
2. Using computers, handbooks, drawing instruments, etc.
3. Performing basic design calculations within his/her discipline.
4. Performing neat, accurate, and productive work.
5. Assisting in preliminary design studies, project planning, and related activities that lead to the design of a project.
6. Assisting in the preparation of specifications, cost and material estimates, reports, and engineering studies.
7. Preparing design, detail, and layout drawings and design sketches.
8. Checking designs prepared by others.
9. Utilizing computers and CAD in the design effort.
10. Recognizing his/her limitations and asking for help when needed.
11. Following company policies and procedures regarding safety and quality.
1. A bachelor's degree in engineering from an accredited institution.
2. EIT is preferred.
3. The ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
1. Must be willing to work flexible schedules, overtime and overnight travel as needed by the department needs.
2. Must be able to operate a computer and sit for long periods of time.
3. Ability to work in the field or outside, able to bend, stoop and climb.