Position Summary & Responsibilities
- Design structures for industrial, commercial, and residential buildings from concept through completion of construction on a wide range of building types
- Prepare structural system layouts and engineering design calculations
- Assist a structural designer to develop and coordinate construction documents utilizing drafting software
- Coordinate structural design requirements with architecture and other engineering disciplines.
- Conduct site visits and field investigations as needed
- Evaluate existing structures for feasibility and project requirements
- Prepare engineering investigation/assessment reports as well as narratives
- Review shop drawings, RFI’s and submittals
- Assist in developing proposals and project budgets
- Collaborate with other engineering disciplines, architects, and clients as part of an integrated design process
- Bachelor’s degree in civil/structural engineering
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE)
- 2 - 5 years of buildings structural engineering experience, including the design of steel, concrete, masonry, wood, and light gauge materials
- Understanding of industrial and commercial building materials, systems, and assemblies
- Working knowledge of structural design software (RISA, Enercalc, RAM, ETABS)
- Working knowledge of Autodesk AutoCAD
- The ability to communicate effectively with clients and other engineers.
- Maintain and foster relationships with existing clients on projects they have been assigned, including meeting all client requirements and deadlines.
- Master’s degree in civil/structural engineering
- Licensed Structural Engineer (SE)
- Experience with BIM including Autodesk Revit workflow
- The ideal candidate should be a self-starter who takes initiative and possesses a team-oriented attitude.
To apply please email resume by clicking APPLY
My client brings to the table thirty-plus years of experience working with a broad set of client types throughout the southeastern United States. Our in-house engineering team provides efficient and streamlined time accountability, along with a collaborative work ethic to create efficiency and high service quality.
Our expertise ranges from residential properties to over 600,000 square foot industrial facilities, each requiring unique solutions to their individual project challenges. Let us show you how our full-service business has the desire and capabilities to support improvements to your next design project!