As a Landscape Architect you will create landscapes, plan and design based on client. You will collaborate with other professionals on a wide range of project from parks, gardens, housing and industrial complexes and individual homes. You will use GIS, CAD and other design applications to create aesthetically pleasing and environmentally sounds plans.
You could be an ideal candidate if you have a master's degree in landscape architecture and hold a license as required by the state with 3 years of experience in a similar role. You must be creative and resourceful to fulfill customer needs and be highly skilled in presenting proposed plans.
What responsibilities are common for Landscape Architect jobs?
- Apply marketing skills to develop clients
- Meet with clients, builders, engineers and landscapers to explain project goals
- Prepare site plans, specifications and estimates
- Use CAD to develop graphic representation of project
- Develop vendor relationships to achieve pricing goals
- Select materials based on client desire, budget and climate parameters
- Conduct on-site inspections to assure adherence to final plan
- Research and analyze environmental reports on land conditions
What are the typical qualifications for Landscape Architect jobs?
- Bachelor's degree in landscape architecture, required
- Licensed as required by the state
- Must be creative and resourceful to fulfill customer needs within budget and climate parameters
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role
- Experience with CAD
- Excellent analytical skills
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Proficient with computer aided design and drafting
- Familiarity with GIS