Job Title: Structural - Senior Engineer (Major Concrete Bridge)
We are seeking a Senior Structural Engineer with 10 years or more of professional experience to be part of our Transportation Division in our Tampa, Jacksonville, Ft. Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, Orlando, Tallahassee, or Miami, Raleigh, NC or Austin, TX office.
The candidate will need to have Major Concrete Bridge Design experience which includes continuous concrete superstructures, post-tensioning, ship impact design, or complex concrete substructures such as straddle piers.
At my client, you will find talented, passionate associates providing exceptional service in collaborative, team-driven environments, all while having fun and enjoying the work they do. WGI prides its reputation as one of the nation's top consulting firms -- and our awards support our beliefs. We strive to stay ahead of the curve investing in the latest tools and technology. We are always looking for remarkable individuals to join our team and help expand our visionary approach. If you think you are an innovative team-player and want to shape your community, join our WGI team today!
WGI offers a complete Benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD & STD, Life Insurance, 401k with match, PTO, Holidays, HSA with company contribution, Pet insurance, and Employee assistance program.
- Develop engineering designs and plans for various structures including reinforced concrete bridges, prestressed/post-tensioned concrete bridges, steel plate and box girder bridges, retaining walls, box culverts, sign/signal structures, sound barrier walls, and other transportation related structures.
- Assist in the creation of engineering documents including Bridge Development Reports, Bridge Load Rating Calculation, and Design-Build Technical Proposals.
- Participate in and assist with client meetings, marketing pursuits, writing letters of interest, and project presentations.
- Coordinate with other engineering disciplines and other firms on complex interchange projects.
- Review engineering work produced by junior engineers to ensure designs, plans and calculations are complete and accurate.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering from an accredited four-year college (Masters preferred)
- Professional Engineering Registration in the State where they are located and the ability to obtain an NCEES record within 9 months of employment
- Major Concrete Bridge Design experience which includes continuous concrete superstructures, post-tensioning, ship impact design, or complex concrete substructures such as straddle piers.
- Florida Professional Engineering Registration
- Proficiency in Structural Engineering Software including Leap Bridge, Conspan, RC-Pier, STAAD, MDX, Midas, FB-MultiPier, MathCAD, and Microstation.
- Familiarity with FDOT plans preparation criteria and design standards.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work independently and work on large multi-discipline engineering teams.
- Good verbal communication and technical writing skills.
- Ability to train entry level staff.