Plumbing Designer with 5+ years of design experience to join our growing team! This is a full-time position based in our Dallas, TX office.
My client thrives on designing solutions for challenging problems.
- Your responsibilities would include preparation of plumbing production drawings (beginning to end), redline drafting, use of AutoCAD and Revit, specification editing, submittal review, site visits/reviews, RFI responses and PCR reviews.
- You will be responsible for designing plumbing systems for a variety of project types, including education (K-12 and higher education), municipal, worship, office, medical, data centers, office/warehouse, high/low rise long term care facilities, food service facilities, retail and other commercial buildings.
- You will be interacting with clients, attending client meetings, reviewing plumbing documentation, managing others and supervising/mentoring junior staff.
- You will be coordinating information across all disciplines to ensure deliverables are compliant with client expectations.
- Coordinate with other consultants, natural gas providers, local authorities having jurisdiction, applicable local codes and ordinances.
What We Are Looking For
Our ideal candidate will have 8+ years of experience designing plumbing systems for commercial buildings. That includes all aspects of design for building plumbing and fire protection systems including equipment sizing/selection and pipe routing and sizing. Basic plumbing systems include but are not limited to: sanitary waste/vent system, grease waste/vent systems, acid waste/vent systems, primary/secondary roof drainage system, domestic cold water, central domestic hot water distribution systems, natural gas piping systems, compressed air systems, and fire protection systems.
- 5+ years of experience in plumbing design.
- We strongly prefer candidates that have CPD (Certified in Plumbing Design) certification.
- Basic knowledge of fire protection systems and related devices and equipment including fully automatic wet sprinkler systems, dry sprinkler systems, pre-action systems, standpipe systems and non-water base fire protection systems.
- You must be able to identify applicable codes in project-specific jurisdictions.
- Experience in AutoCAD and Revit MEP.
- Familiarity with electrical and mechanical systems is a plus.
- Experience with industry standard software, such as Microsoft Office.
- Involvement with industry groups such as American Society of Plumbing Engineers (ASPE) is beneficial, but not required.