Raleigh, NC • Electrical
EwingCole is a nationally recognized architecture, engineering, interior design and planning firm with offices across the country. Our multi-disciplinary practice is built on the core values of professional excellence, design quality and collaboration.
EwingCole is offering a long-term career opportunity for an Electrical Engineer with a minimum of 8 years of experience to join our Raleigh office. We are seeking an individual with diverse building design experience that includes Healthcare and Science & Technology projects, who is seeking an opportunity for career growth in a leadership role. We believe this individual desires to grow the engineering practice in the Raleigh office and the surrounding market. This individual will also be primarily responsible for delivery, design excellence, project quality, and client satisfaction.
The candidate must be capable of participating in the design effort from concept design through construction administration while growing and managing the electrical engineering staff. The ideal candidate has excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills, the ability to respond quickly to issues, fosters a collaborative and productive environment, and has a history of prior experience managing electrical staff in a “hands-on” AE environment.
- Work with firm Principals on business development efforts with an end goal of growing the office revenue and engineering staff.
- Support Raleigh projects by participating in projects and/or managing Philadelphia engineering staff.
- Lead the design and documentation of power, lighting and signal systems.
- Electrical Engineering design including medium and low voltage power distribution systems for buildings, associated branch circuiting, emergency power and UPS systems.
- Coordination of infrastructure requirements for low voltage systems including Tele/data, security, Audio/Visual, etc.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Architectural Engineering
- Registered PE in at least one state with suitable credentials for registration in other states
- A minimum of 8 years Electrical system design experience.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience supervising an engineering staff
- AutoCAD and Revit experience preferred
- Excellent written, verbal and graphic communication skills