My client is actively seeking an experienced Senior Electrical Engineer with a background in buildings & facilities related projects. My client has proven capabilities in all phases of electrical analysis, development, and design. We support our clients’ electrical needs with a wide range of design services on various electrical systems through the following engineering services: conceptual designs and scope development, cost estimation, construction documents, construction administration, startup, commissioning, programming, and procurement. The Senior Electrical Engineer must have experience creating, reviewing and approving electrical construction drawings for buildings and facilities related projects.
- Planning, organizing, and performing detailed electrical design with capability to manage engineering activities.
- Research applicable industry standards, prepare and critique engineering studies, analysis of systems, preliminary and detailed engineering designs.
- Develop and review engineering specifications and project cost estimates.
- Direct and review work of project design team, check progress of work and alert managers/clients to change of scope and additional services.
- Coordinate all aspects of project document completion.
- Direct contributing engineers and CAD designers for the preparation of construction drawings.
- Possess ability to interpret applicable codes.
- Independently work with code officials and other design professionals when an interpretation or exception to codes is required.
- Perform overall project quality control.
- Coordinate project design with other engineering disciplines.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university; Electrical, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering. Masters Degree is a plus.
- Professional Engineer licensure is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of engineering and design experience.
- Expertise in specifying and designing systems in at least one of the core industries served by TAI: commercial, hospitals, laboratories, and government facilities.
- Extensive experience designing, reviewing, and approving Electrical Construction drawing sets including but not limited to single lines, grounding plans, lightening protection, lighting plans, power plans, communication and security infrastructure plans, and conduit block.
- Interact with customers to gather critical information.
- Working knowledge of NEC (NFPA 70).
- Preferably knowledge of LEED, ASHRAE, IECC, and IGCC energy codes.
- Preferably knowledge of SKM, Easypower or ETAP.
- Valid U.S. Citizenship
- Candidates should have experience with the following software:
- Microsoft Office applications- Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project
- AutoCAD (ability to open drawings, navigate, edit text, and print)