- Support the company with the design of complex HVAC systems.
- Prepare 2 and 3-dimensional construction documents using Revit and AutoCAD.
- Design automatic temperature control systems complete with control sequences, diagrams, and points lists.
- Prepare documents, calculations, and energy modeling studies for the LEED certification process.
- Coordinate design efforts working closely with our in-house disciplines, architectural clients, and building owners.
- Plan project production process.
- Perform contract administration duties of site visits, submittal review and contractor assistance.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Possess a solid technical base with desire to learn, lead, and grow into one of the firm’s lead mechanical engineers and project management for building types including healthcare, higher education, science and technology, workplace, and many others.
- Ability to prioritize effectively, have good follow-through, and practice self-implemented quality control measures.
- Demonstrate proficiency with AutoCAD and Revit.
- Demonstrate an understanding of HVAC system concepts.
- Ability to design complex building HVAC systems.
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to communicate well in writing, as well as verbally.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- EIT preferred.
- LEED Accredited Professional preferred.
- Experience in the HVAC consulting business, including large air handling, chilled water and hot water system design