My client is a multi-disciplined engineering and technology firm recognized nationally as a “Best Firm to Work For” by CE News. With more than a dozen offices throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast, we provide civil engineering, environmental, economic development, GIS/geospatial technology, landscape architecture and surveying services to a diverse client base. As one of Engineering News Record’s (ENR) Top 500 Design Firms in the country, we are dedicated to being an employer of choice and helping our clients achieve their vision resulting in shared success. For more information,
We are currently seeking a Survey Technician to join our Survey Department in our Ellicott City, MD office location.
Essential duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Drafts subdivision plats, boundary surveys and easement plats
- Prepares parcel descriptions
- Prepares staking maps for subdivisions, infrastructure improvements and site plans
- Prepares cutsheets and construction take-offs
- Drafts topographical surveys and creates digital terrain models
- Performs limited courthouse research
- Submits plats for jurisdictional approval
- Works closely with the project manager and group leader
- May substitute in the field when necessary
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum 3 years surveying experience
- BS or AAS in Surveying preferred
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as safety rules, scope of services, jurisdictional platting & submittal requirements and procedure manuals
- Ability to read deed descriptions, survey plats, DOT plans, engineering drawings, and aerial topographic mapping
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as trigonometry and geometry
- Ability to understand and follow instructions
- Experience working with GPS and 3D laser scanning a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are looking for high energy, creative, flexible, patient, self-starters who are willing to work at a dynamic pace. Candidates must share a commitment to our company’s Vision, Mission and Shared Values.